Before The Pearly Gates
Picked

It is as well to have a firm belief of where you are going! (243 words)


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi. Welcome. Your name…?”

“Hi. David. I’m David Crawford.”

“Let’s see… No, your not on that list, let’s look here… Erm… Where do you think you should be?”

“Pardon?”

“Where do you think you should be?”

“I don’t understand. I’m dead aren’t I?”

“Your terminology, David! As I can’t find you on my lists, I need to know where you think you should be?”

“Er… Heaven?”

“And what do you think heaven is like?”

“Well, somewhere that is beautiful.”

“That’s not very specific, is it! Let’s try this another way: Who is your God?”

“Well… God of course. I thought there was only one God. Why do you need to know?”

“Look, it works like this: When you come back to the Terminus, it is my job to send you to the right place. You aren’t on my list, which means you are only entitled to go to the place that you have visualised as being your destination… ahem… after you ‘die‘.  I can’t just send you anywhere.”

Well, I always thought of God being the father of Jesus, so I suppose an older version of Jesus.”

“And where does this God of yours live?”

“Erm… Ooh, I’m not sure about that…  On a cloud?”

“So be it, then, David. Take care not to fall. It is very hot down below, and you haven’t earned your wings yet.”

 

0 0 votes
Rate This Writing
Subscribe
Notify of
9 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
pronto

Great story. I’m glad it wasn’t me answering. I would have ended up in a Manchester bar full of questionable ladies. 🙂