Locked Doors.
Picked

My daughter sent me a photo of a very old door with forget me nots around it, and this arrived in my head. 


Time slips away behind

the doors we lock,

dissolves into the past

as we look the other way:

yet as we ourselves shall fall

time will not forget us.

0 0 votes
Rate This Writing
Subscribe
Notify of
10 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
griffonner

You have a way with things like this, Sue. It really promotes deep thought. I must admit that I would wish to describe my ‘falling’ as rising, but that just emphasises the uniqueness of our individual doors. What ‘comes’ is often quite mystical, isn’t it.
Allen
x

Bhi

A wonderful poem.

I would prefer my “fall” to be a “passing” – but that as G says that just highlights our uniqueness.

Just one observation on this poetic musing: could not get my head around “time will not forget us” as time by itself has no memory, rather it is us who build the memories that linger, and “still we will not be forgotten” by those that come after us.

But that is just my OCD kicking in – pay no heed to it.

ifyouplease

it is so time slips away behind doors we lock, the time is always now irrespective of our locked doors, then either is an overlooked now, or a memory we recorded subconsciously and never recomposed down to the last detail, this, however, doesn’t change the significant ability of time to remember us forgetting or overlooking. re-membering happens now, which is the essence of time that diachronically recomposes down to the last detail according to phenomena, now is a manifestation slipping away when we lock doors and that cannot be kept intact because we fall. if we are remembered by others… Read more »

Last edited 3 years ago by ifyouplease
ifyouplease

superbly thought-provoking.

griffonner

This is akin to the concept of electromagnetic energy radiating outwards from the source. It travels, one could postulate, forever. It diminishes in strength (inverse-square law) of course, but in theory a ‘receiver’ – sensitive enough – can detect it and decode it. Sue, I think you will see the parallel that I am drawing here. We have barely scratched the surface of understanding our reality, so…. I believe that time is a concept only of our present reality – which aids us in positioning recall of our experiences – but out of the physical time does not actually manifest.… Read more »

Last edited 3 years ago by griffonner
griffonner

It is just a different comprehension of ‘time’ I think. Having read your later conversations I can see another side to your poem: As I said in the beginning it promotes deep thought.
Congratulations on the nib, too.
Allen
x

franciman

Hi Sue,
All these reactions and observations should tell you the verse works in its primary task, Sue, and some. That we each see the story differently is part of its power and attraction. Keep them coming…
Cheers,
Jim x