Disinformation

My 1st sub.

Haiku 


We, the intoxicated on  information

Obsessed to share and like for attention

Yet soberly woke lacking  knowledge.

 

0 0 votes
Rate This Writing
Subscribe
Notify of
4 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Yutka

this is great, a “seasonal” haiku with a great meaning affecting us all…who would have thought of this subject? Brilliant!

Dodgem

This is my first Haiku to read here; and I appreciate that it is demanding form to write. That said, I’ve re-read it to where I’m finding its meaning. Oddly, on the first few readings I read woke in the cultural meaning, but now I’m not sure if this is intended as a play on words; and I’d like to know if it is.

Dodge

Dodgem

Thanks Kevin…..and glad to have your name (kjs68 seems a bit impersonal). I’ve also read Guaj’s comment, and its confirmed that the Haiku – whether traditional or modern is way out of my league, in as far as composing one. But I appreciated your Haiku, and it does unfurl with further reading and consideration. And yes we are in the age of iron, where someone can be famous for being famous; and I fear we are heading toward the Brave New World prophesied by Huxley.

Best wishes……Dougie

Guaj

This piece prompted me to read up on modern haiku. I confess when I read this (very poignant and well written) piece I thought, this ain’t haiku. I was aware the Americans were taking liberties with the syllable count and content, but when I read up about modern haiku I was pretty f*****g amazed at how these deviations have been justified by “academics” and how far it has spread within the Arabic writing form world. 5-7-5 is almost taboo now unless you write in Japanese and subject matter is no longer just about the beauty of nature. Now I wouldn’t… Read more »

Last edited 2 years ago by Guaj