I Once Dreamed Of Spring

The earth moves oblivious to shade and sun while years turn winter into slush and gray. Asleep as if ice closed eyes and a distance of stars watch with obsessive rays that reach us in the time of opened earth, content with the return of green. The frozen ground succumbs to heat as time and water come as rain to wake me from my dream of Spring.
.
Crust covered eyes, white with winter, crumble as nature blows the elements of chance and change from crested cliffs cut like granite jewels into a coat of painted dew. The sun’s arrival blew askew crystalline past to birth remembrance that it was I who dreamed of Spring.
.
Spear tipped arrowheads of white piercing brown loam, awaken from a dormancy of roots and bulbs and yawning seeds. Star shadows grace fields and beds and too long silent soil; the decision made to let Winter depart beneath sun, crack loud enough to rouse the moon, extol what merit was last found in cold flaked windowed skies. I arise like sol to wash out Winter’s well worn atmosphere with warmth and a clear recollection of Spring dreamed.
.
The ground spits the season from its teeth as if too much pith and grit of Winter wants to be forever felt. I slip from beneath the fall of hail and night and rise from a pillow of late restored longing. Here, thawing icicles drip and glisten with the sun’s solidities of heat and dawn to toss off the quilt of patched cold and frosted blue-black slumber. I went to sleep in panes of snow that squalled and were forgotten. The world warms to the call of harbingers numerous as the dreams I once had of Spring.
.
The shivering moon sighs crescent indifference, small consideration for dust blown footsteps purchased from cold space. Thin sinews and threads spin tale of tides and seasonal shifts where I was filled with dreaming. Mists descends as wet winds rip through moisture trapped in winter’s claws. White ledged blue mountains, obscured by silk screened distance, awaken the rocky cliff to erase the sleep called hidden snow to stretch upon a crag from which once I dreamed of Spring.
.
allets 
02-11-15 
1118a

.