Lina makes a telephone call

About my niece Lina, when she was nearly two.


Lina makes a telephone call

 

Lina would stick up two fingers when someone asked her, but she was not two but almost two.

Every day when her mother needed a rest Lina would pick up the phone and talk to her grandfather.

She would say, Lina eh, eh, and her grandfather would know that Lina had been to the toilet twice.

She would say, Mama te, te, and her grandfather would know that Lina’s mother was sleeping.

She would say, Papa ne, ne, and her grandfather would know that Lina’s father was sleeping.

She would say Zaina pe, pe, and her grandfather would know that Lina’s sister Zaina was doing her homework.

After telling her grandfather all that she would then say, Ami, Ami, which meant she wanted to talk to her uncle. Then she would tell her uncle all she had told her grandfather, and when she had finished she would say, Tati, Tati, which meant she wanted to talk to her aunt. She would tell her aunt all she had told her grandfather and her uncle and then she would laugh because by the time she had finished her favourite TV show was starting and she would say, Bye, Bye and put the phone down.

 

0 0 votes
Rate This Writing
Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
ChairmanWow

That’s a great attention span for not even two. Nice slice of life captured here. They don’t stay two very long.