UKA Author Spotlight – Aliya Whiteley

Aliya Whiteley writes novels, short stories and non-fiction and has been published in places such as The Guardian, Interzone, McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, Black Static, Strange Horizons, and anthologies such as Fox Spirit’s European Monsters and Lonely Planet’s Better than Fiction I and II. She’s been nominated for the Pushcart Prize twice, and won the Drabblecast People’s Choice Award in 2007.
 
Her recent novella for Unsung Stories, The Beauty, was shortlisted for a Shirley Jackson Award and a Sabotage Award, and appeared on the Honours List for the James Tiptree Jr Award. She blogs at: aliyawhiteley.wordpress.com  and she tweets most days as @AliyaWhiteley. Her new novella, The Arrival of Missives, made the longlist for the Guardian Not The Booker Prize in July 2016.
 
From Aliya’s ‘About Me‘ page:
I write a lot in coffee shops and I use pen and paper. I have a long-term-favourite-lucky pen, with which I wrote my first published piece of work. It was a poem about Jungian psychoanalysis. Now I write novels and short stories, and articles about things I like.
 
Aliya’s (bluepootle) UKArchive 
 
Some of Aliya’s UKA picks:
 
 
Some of Aliya’s Novels
 

The Beauty

 

The Arrival Of Missives

 

Three Things About Me

 
 

One comment

Leave a Reply