Bowing to popular demand (as ever), I’ve scribbled some submission guidelines.
1. Can you please bear in mind the publishing days (Mon and Fri) and submit accordingly? Please post no more than 4 pieces per member, per week. Whilst not wanting to discourage anyone from submitting, it’s rather unfair if one author hogs both (1-50, 51-100) showcase pages and I do like to give everyone a fair crack of the whip. It also allows commenting and crit to be more in-depth and useful.
It’s probably a good idea to submit stuff no later than midnight on Thursday and Sunday if you want to see your work posted on the following submission day although you can, of course, submit whenever you like. Submissions are automatically shuffled, so the last subbed is not necessarily the last on the page when published
2. You can edit, delete and move your stuff into another category after it’s been published on the site by visiting the submission and clicking the edit link.
3. When submitting, remember to choose some tag words that describe your submission’s genre. Choose about 3 tag words – you can use tag words already listed or add your own.
4. Remember to delete the template words and replace them with your own.
5. Please try to write a short 50-word intro and if you’re submitting poetry and don’t want/need an intro then simply type ‘poetry’ as your intro and add a ‘read more’ link in the toolbar.
7. Remember to pick a category. the default is ‘general’ but a poem left in general will NOT be listed in our poetry listings and will lose reads.
8. Don’t forget you can submit your work to our forum workshops (if you want more in-depth help and critique) here –> DEEP CRITIQUE
Of course, you can just join the forums for fun, too!