Latest Submissions

The distance

One world. Different worlds. One situation. Many versions. Men, women, children, holding leaves in their minds through their eyes, beholding selected words, fruits, flowers, forming chosen haven, unable to distance, so the tree comes to light. The lack of vision, a white elephant.  ...

Good Friday

Good, bad, ugly The Friday is here for good, a reminder  of his love for the light; his life, a work of art,  a supreme sacrifice,  he rose like a blooming flower, with bloody scars to unite with the source; for us, respectful, irreverent, after our toiling work,  successes, failures, thank God, it's another weekend of  resurrection.  ...

Rear View Mirror (revised)

Bottom pic as to highlight I am now in the 'rear view mirror'  I have totally reworked the poem because it is often only when see it posted I see mistakes> Thanks to all who commented. The crux of the poem has not changed....only the expression here and there. x ...

Bad Little Boy Named Percy!

A Dr Seuss inspired children's verse about a bad little boy ...

Part 33

The New Philosophy. A place.  To reduce the burden.  No sorrow. No hearse.  No flowers.   Exist.  Fade.  Candle.  The three phases of The New Philosophy. Candle started as a way to ease the burden.     In hospitals.  Faders kept alive.  Till month's Candle.  Then. Trucks with cages.  Moving fuel.  Some sedated.  Others not.  Preparation for ignition.     Candle was embedded in our shared past.  It was not new.  Adapted from history.  Adapted for new needs.  ...

The rope

We become what we acquire; wealth, culture, faiths, appearances, behaviors rule us in an automated mode; display of puppetry of human flesh and blood, a knotty, invisible attachment, a habit, a condemned bondage, chaining like a wire, beyond all scope; a tail of an animal, or the serpentine intoxication tied around the throat; all possible hopes of breaking free from the non-existent string, to untie the erotic lace and unite with the infinite is overruled; in the guise of a bonding, the irrelevant lanyard lies ...

Mr & Mrs Albatross
Picked

They can't survive on plastic ...

Man-Corn In the Promised Land IV

33 AD Five bearded men discuss a recent public execution while standing in a circle alongside a busy, dusty road outside of Jerusalem in the Roman Judea province ...

A death refracted – Part 6.1

Bonny is at Desh's place and has told her what has happened to Derry ...

Gustave Speaks
Picked

Notorious man-eater crocodile has his say ...

A Soldier Remembers
Picked

This was originally the tenth station in a twelve stations of the cross sequence. I've taken it out and made it into an 'alternative reality'; partly influence by a play I watched years ago; setting the Passion in post war Palestine, and the occupying British standing in for the Romans. It worked quite well ...