Latest Submissions

Lockdown

[responsivevoice_button voice="US English Female" buttontext="Speak Female"] The new normal created a new economic driver and race, and population control over time – The Zombie. The United Nations ‘UNMZI’ – ‘United Nations Mission Zombie Integration’ and slogan ‘We live off each other’.  Singing tonight the first Zombie, ‘Zalo’ live-ish on ‘Lockdowns got Talent’: Simon “Excited to see you in the flesh. Let me pick your brains, why singing, Zalo?” Zalo “So nice to see a happy ...

Two Jailbirds. One Stone.

It’s real quiet. No clanging doors. No clatter of shuffling boots. Been a while since we had total lockdown. Soon we'll start the cell-to-cell search. Took ten seconds to pull Whacky-Will Boulder off Sly Penny, but that’s all he needed to crack open Sly’s head like a coconut. Whacky’s a lifer. His mum’s been bringing him copies of the Beano and Dandy every Wednesday for fifteen years -- keeps him calm. By Sunday Whack’s read ...

THE GAME

Content WARNING!                 PARENTAL GUIDANCE RECOMMENDED ...

The Face in the Mirror

Now being a widower, and living alone, lockdown was not much different from his normal life. He would get up early, eat his breakfast, and then pass the day in his set routine, centred around his reading and radio, with some television in the evening before an early bedtime. What changed was his time in the bathroom. Once shaved, he spent more and more time studying his face in the mirror. Gradually, he began to ...

ETERNALLY

It was a first-line into my mind kind of thing ...

Sing Goddess Sing.

How classical epics began - a quick evocation to the muse; and I thought it quite apt, given my present state of mind ...

Wild Sex and Weddings

Some people have very strange hobbies ...

The loading

continuing the refugees' journey ...

Disinformation

My 1st sub. Haiku  ...

Jealousy

Alli is fair inlove and war ...

The End of Something
Picked

It was just milliseconds. You turned away from me. A late night biopsy. A slicing separation silence. A vitrification of eyes across a room. A house housed on a fault line. An erosion failure scenario. A storm event. Now, dead decades are malignant memories. At times, moments masquerading as being meaningful, sometimes catch me out. And yet, a quarter of a century later, I saw a woman on my street. And although it could never ...

Fresh Flowers
Picked

Following up on a request. The reading is by my great buddy Alison ...

The best of times

I wake up. O, why do I see this suffering, this lie, I go to sleep with the hope of a different world, free of wounded words, treacherous thoughts, arrogant actions, but invariably I wake up to the same world, I go back to sleep again; with an indomitable hope, I wake up again, nothing happens, nothing changes, I look at the morning sun, the moon at night, the disillusioned stars like me, they give ...