Latest Submissions

The black holes of desperation

On the death of an old friend from Warsaw: Edvard Milaszewski in memoriam The black holes of desperation are by themselves an indescribable infinity the measure of which never can be fathomed in their tragedies and sufferings and tribulations. You survived the Warsaw ghetto and the glorious Polish insurrection leaving more than half of Poland more than half dead, coming here like wreckage from the aftermath of history to make heroically a new life and ...

Drive-by

...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on Drive-by

Peaceful Warriors

Pen of poets gives them prowess to be warriors with fortitude, Across nations breaking barriers, fighting battles in solitude.   As they burn midnight oil to sit in silence and pen, Their pen creates many an inspiring work to reckon.   To protect, restore and expose murky truth, their pen keeps up its fight, No matter the milieu, it never shies from expounding what is right.   Ink flows the message across oceans to reach ...

An Ongoing Affair

I pick the book, put on the lamp and settle down in a cosy posture, Coffee mug perched precariously on handrest, glance at book's title and its author. Drizzling rain cadences on my window as I feel the book with eyes and fingers, Proceed on inside even as on the cover, my mind still lingers. Pulsating excitement flooding my heart, gently flick through the pages, Catch glimpses of random paras, ornated with quotes and phrases ...

The Good Old Days?

    let me make this very clear Chris and I are not voyeurs we just like watching vintage TV especially if we catch   The Price is Right with Brucie.   when a good looking young woman is picked and bounces down to ‘Contestants’ Row’ we share knowing looks and hope she wins and if she wins we zone in on the host’s right hand encircling her waist and scope Forsyth’s thumb, ‘innocently’ nudging ...

Who shall save the world?

We are completely powerless against the world corruption which by greed has ruined all the world, with Trump as leader of the universal egoism, denying there is anything to worry about, while oceans are dying, wildlife disappearing, people starving without water, cruel dictatorships supported by democracies for just some short-term gains, while we, who watch and are aware of the world crisis steadily increasing can do nothing but observe and pray and hope for all ...

twin birds

Micro and macro, they are of the same feather, twin birds that crow in the same manner, not mere words! you heal the micro creature lo it cures the one bigger, you mess up with the petite voleur have both of them under the weather Peter becomes Sunil's friend. David, like a poor cousin, feels threatened; we find groups in sports and families breaking up into sub-groups to safeguard their local identities all become unsafe ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on twin birds

On the House

Smoothing ruffled feathers ...

a fallen grace

My hands, made of gold, couldn't touch the flower that separated from the tree, like a teardrop, to grace the tired road; to pick it up, my poor hands, engaged, couldn't stoop so low. the blossom was caressed by the sun though I wasn't able to take my eyes off this neglected piece;  a fallen grace, a curious chef-d'oeuvre built with utmost care that Gustave would've taken to build the Eiffel tower,  standing tall; or ...

Lost love

You disappeared out there somewhere diffusely in the fog, like some ethereal phantom vanishing, dissolving in the mists with nothing left behind except what could have been, some bitter disappointments and a painful mess of memories. Still you exist out there somewhere and waiting only to return in hopes of my forgetting all the negative misfortunes and the inexcusableness of your lacks of sense, of order and of faithfulness. But I can not forget. The ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on Lost love

The Devil’s Doorbell
Picked

An "almost true" story of a first sexual encounter ...

At the Centre of the World

Let there be light (and warmth) ...