Latest Prose

Witches Seed

Witches Seed

An erotic novella exploring the meaning of life ...
Mrs. Pepper's Cats

Mrs. Pepper’s Cats

A tale of two cats based upon true stories ...
Chapter 03: The Naked One

Chapter 03: The Naked One

Chapter 03 of the City of Gargoyles - Second Book in the Light-Father Trilogy The Naked One       Abbot Michael was feeling a little faint from heat exhaustion as he stood at one of the east-facing windows of a farmhouse kitchen, meticulously wiping the dirt from the panes ...
Chapter 02: Scatterlings

Chapter 02: Scatterlings

Chapter 02 of The City of Gargoyles - the second book of the Light-Father trilogy Scatterlings       Uppermost was a town built for the elite upon the roof of Milverburg. It boasted mansions, fountains, theatres, ornamental gardens, parades, galleries, banks, shops and government offices. Every building was adorned ...
Sophie

Sophie

Sophie loved these summer days, when the sun was warm in the morning. It seemed to drink up the dew from the grass on the small hill behind where she lived. She imagined the sun slurpling up the dew just like she would use a straw to get the last ...
Under the Radar

Under the Radar

One I wrote a while ago ...
Who does what?

Who does what?

About Alan - somethig of an enigma ...
Chapter 01: Tower of Grieving

Chapter 01: Tower of Grieving

First Chapter of the the second book of the Light-Father Trilogy : CITY OF GARGOYLES - {thanks to allets for all her valuable and constructive criticism} ...
Starforged Opening

Starforged Opening

‘This may be the last time you see such a marvellous sunrise for a while, immersed in your studies as you will surely be. Besides, the east face of the fortress has few windows and unless you scale the bastion on that side the vantage would not suffice.’ The enchantress ...
Une up le Spout

Une up le Spout

Had he not missed his stop, Liam O’Cafferty might never have become a household name ...
Ten point nine on the Shiksa Scale

Ten point nine on the Shiksa Scale

A story about a lady who has a problem. (This another re-post and has also appeared in an anthology and is published in my book Voices but I thought I would give people a giggle.) ...
Give haitch queue a bairing

Give haitch queue a bairing

According to Travelodge, we are a nation of mis-spellers ...
Life on Mars

Life on Mars

The planned manned mission to Mars may well begin in Scotland ...
Wrong number…

Wrong number…

My great-uncle Arthur grew up on Box Hill in Surrey, and was therefore blessed with a head for heights. And so, when World War One broke out, he naturally signed up for the Air Balloon Battalion of the Royal Engineers. What follows is a true story ...
Nine minutes

Nine minutes

Intro: Bryan’s life is normal and happy. He’s married, has one child and another on the way. OK so he has the mother-in-law from hell but he can live with that. Then, in the middle of an argument with his wife, he walks out.  ...
A Little Cracker

A Little Cracker

“She’s a little cracker, that one.” Arthur nodded towards the bar and threw a lascivious wink at his life-long friend, young Bill. The soubriquet had grown less appropriate with passing years. His father “old Bill” had gone to his reward 20 years earlier, aged 89. Bill wiped his greasy glasses ...
Fair Exchange

Fair Exchange

We were walking across the park, my Aunt Agatha and I, on our way to a fireworks party. It was the 5th of November and well past the clock change but it was still darker than I expected. The path was uneven as tree roots had broken it up, but ...
The Presence of Jalendu

The Presence of Jalendu

This story was published in Cadenza, a now defunct high-quality literary magazine. I see it a one of my (few) best.  ...