Latest Prose

Spy Trap

Spy Trap

When catching a spy, you've got to be spry ...
Another world

Another world

Oh his Adam’s apple was so disturbingly attractive! For quite some time, I wasn’t able to concentrate on what he was trying to say. It moved up and down, like the face of a peacock hiding behind the bush and then peeking again, from the well groomed white formal shirt’s ...
Standing Too Far

Standing Too Far

“Should’ve gotten a haircut last weekend.” Another regret reared its irritating head as cool ferocious breeze threw his sharp hairdo into a mess. Momentary frown appeared on his forehead. He liked things a certain way. It was quite apparent – properly pressed and tucked in button down shirt, matching dress ...
The Books We Cherished

The Books We Cherished

Intro: This is a story about love, emptiness and our pursuit of happiness through the accumulation of things that we ultimately won't be able to keep ...
Thanks!

Thanks!

Traffic jam. From my car, a metallic gray duster, I saw a lady standing on the other side of the junction. She must be heading for work. Wait, I will offer her a lift, will she say no? I stopped, she got in. 'Thanks!' 'Daku! How many times have I ...
/ / Fiction / No Comments on Thanks!
Kinky Kathleen

Kinky Kathleen

Amantha meets Kathleen when she takes over as office manager for her dentist. One day Amantha is given a ride home by the seemingly friendly, easy-going Kathleen, and the two agree to get together. Despite a mutual attraction for each other, they get together as friends, Amantha married, Kathleen single ...
Child is the mother of the woman

Child is the mother of the woman

‘I have a bad news for you Stitodhi. Your sister Raka passed away, Anup has rushed to the spot, he has asked me to inform you about this; I am very sorry…your aunt’s daughter, wasn’t she?…So she must be your cousin, but Anup was telling me your sister passed away…I ...
Speak the truth

Speak the truth

‘Good morning all of you! A warm welcome to the Organization.’ ‘Good morning Sir.’ ‘No, no, please don’t call me sir; just because I am facing you from the wrong side of the table doesn’t make me your sir, and you are definitely not my students. We are all colleagues, ...
Chapter 07: Schimrian

Chapter 07: Schimrian

Chapter 07 of the City of Gargoyles: the second book of the Light-Father trilogy.    Schimrian      “You wanted to see me, Eminence,” Abbot Camus said wearily as he entered the Great-Abbot’s extensive Gothic chambers on the top floor of the Great Manse. Columns supported the ribbed vault roof ...
Strain

Strain

It seems someone has plucked all the flowers from my garden. Yesterday, before going to sleep I left the garden full with beautiful buds of Jasmine, Hibiscus red, blue and white, Lilies with their hues, Roses, Chrysanthemums, Lotuses, Daffodils, Dahlia, but now they are all taken away! There are no ...
/ / Fiction / No Comments on Strain
A Matter of Luck

A Matter of Luck
Picked

Luck can come in many forms, be careful not to abuse it ...
Chapter 06: Duct Rats

Chapter 06: Duct Rats

Chapter 06 the City of Gargoyles - Second Book in the Light Father Trilogy Duct Rats "Small stones create avalanches; small deeds victories” - Thomas Tythe     A death’s-head moth fluttered frantically in front of Surl’s face. She turned her head to follow it and beheld in time the ...
The holocaust of Britain

The holocaust of Britain

Shashi Tharoor in conversation with Anita Anand, BBC on his book An Era of Darkness. Enjoy listening by clicking here Nothing much has changed as far as eyes can see. The wisdom is to be watchful on words used. But I guess in the absence of willingness to cleanse the ...
The New Year's Eve

The New Year’s Eve

A story for all the supposed modern girls out there. Disha checked the time on her mobile. 11:30 PM. She rolled over in her bed, scrolling through the New Year’s Eve pictures of her friends on her social media feed. Had her best friend Aditi not cancelled the plan at the ...
Constantly

Constantly

Intro: this is a short story aiming to create a circular story ...
Chapter 05: By Candlelight

Chapter 05: By Candlelight

Chapter 05 of the City of Gargoyles: Second Book of the Light-Father Trilogy.     By Candlelight    “Saint Peter’s teeth,” Saul choked as his eyes widened and bile rose in his throat. He laid Fern gently upon the floor and turned his gaze away. “Ugh! We must tell the ...
A Matter of Perception

A Matter of Perception

 Simply because of his diet, granddad was an outcast, a recluse,  There were few mourners at granddad’s funeral. Not because he didn’t have any relatives, but because he’d lived mostly on a diet of rats. People shun rat eaters for some reason. Granddad had never married. As a young man, he was ...
Deceivers

Deceivers

This is possibly something to rile both the believer and the unbeliever. But maybe I'm wrong. Even the briefest of comments would be appreciated ...