Latest Prose

A Death Refracted - Part 1

A Death Refracted – Part 1
Picked

Refracting the multiple perspectives that led up to the suicide of a young Punjabi woman in 2013 ...
Big Sid

Big Sid

Re-named and re-posted with a few mods ...
/ / Fiction / 1 Comment on Big Sid
Marigold’s Geraniums

Marigold’s Geraniums

Flowers can be such a release 😉 ...
Introducing Jack

Introducing Jack

Jack is an innocent and confused late teenager. When I get a mental block I put him in situations and let his mind unfurl. Sometimes he takes me on a journey and sometimes he just sits and thinks.  ...
The Beast Within

The Beast Within

This is a short horror story. It includes a description of the sex act – so, if you find such material offensive, please feel free to pass on it.  All constructive comments gratefully received ...
Halfway Places

Halfway Places

I think it speaks for itself. Have we not all experienced a sense of longing for change? ...
I Don't Much Like The Rain

I Don’t Much Like The Rain

This is a rewrite of something I first penned in 2004.  Mind you, the core of it might be the same, but I have massively rewritten it ...
Fred's Lockdown

Fred’s Lockdown

Here's another take on the lockdown. Fred is a fictitious character, but then again he could be real ? 🤔 ...
The Brat

The Brat

A young terrified girl is found on a cold, deserted moorland road late at night. She is fleeing two men who need her dead. For the man who finds her, she's the last thing he needs in his life ...
/ / Fiction / 1 Comment on The Brat
Soviet Hospitality Part1

Soviet Hospitality Part1

This is the beginning of a very belated diary. I'd been invited many years ago to stay with friends in the Soviet Union. It took a lot of arranging as my mother lived with me and did not approve. But in the end I went and this describes the first ...
She never ceases to surprise me

She never ceases to surprise me

In the midst of all this seriousness, how about a flash that changes the mood a little! ...
Inner Ramblings

Inner Ramblings

So, I'm new to this and not really sure how it works but I just wanted somewhere to share some things I've been working on.  ...
Ludu when he was well

ONE YEAR, ONE WEEK, A DAY, AN HOUR

The loss of my  beloved pet, Ludo, is devastatingly painful, but everything is subjective isn't it? ...
Discovery

Discovery

'Is this a story? Or is it simply  A discovery, I wonder. We are traveling Through the moments, We stop and restart alone, We wander. Will these lines Aspire to become dialogues, Or will they remain monologues Of a lonely writer?'  As I was reading his poem from his diary, ...
No Way Out

No Way Out

I run down the endless hallway with endless doors and endless possibilities to be trapped  And in the end, most definitely killed All I know is that I have twenty-four hours to find the right way to get out, Sounds fun, doesnt it? I mean, theres only so far you ...
No Man's Land

No Man’s Land

Two things to immediately address… you are not, In any way, shape or form, my priority or responsibility anymore You've taught me two more things to add to that: Loving you was a mistake And two, begging to come back to you, even after you give up the game for ...
From my daughter's diary, on male gaze

From my daughter’s diary, on male gaze

I never realized I had a grown-up daughter until I chanced upon her diary that she had left behind, before leaving for Bangalore. I wouldn’t have read her diary, as it is too personal, had I not seen the letter that was addressed to me! I trespassed nevertheless! 'Dear Dad, ...
Betrayal

Betrayal

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) ...
Words like Stones and no need for Songs

Words like Stones and no need for Songs

Corinthians 2:7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow ...
The Homecoming

The Homecoming

An extract from a much larger work, set around the Great War ...