Latest Prose

Irish Coffee

Irish Coffee

A little bit tasty ...
The Goa Connection - Chapter 5

The Goa Connection – Chapter 5

Awesome monsoon storms upset Dan’s first attempt to locate the valuable hoard. More devastatingly, he’s taken prisoner at gunpoint. Many miles away in the foothills of the Himalayas, we discover Katie Barnes is recovering from a traumatic experience ...
Six Weeks

Six Weeks

This is a re-run, I thought it maybe worth a read with poppy day on us ...
/ / Fiction / 3 Comments on Six Weeks
seasoned-hen

Comings and Goings

200 words. First posted on Droubbles.com ...
dancing-couple

Seduction in Suburbia

200 words. Flash fiction posted on Droubbles.com ...
The Goa Connection - Chapter 4

The Goa Connection – Chapter 4

Dan arrives in Goa and starts planning his first moves to find the loot. Bad weather - and a bad guy - throw things off course ...
the-dansant

The Other Side of the Coin
Picked

Follow up to Seduction in Suburbia  (200 words. First posted on Droubbles.com) ...
woman-in-a-bar

Reunion

An old piece of flash fiction ...
The Royal Road

The Royal Road

This is my response to my own prompt in the Prose Challenge forum: an attempted seduction. It can be either successful or unsuccessful ...
New Prose challenge:

New Prose challenge:

An attempted seduction ...
The Town

The Town

has seven hills. All the villages that make up the town start on a hill and fall down to the river. He lets me order him a seventh pint and says, "I walked up everyone o’ those buggers, lugging the coal-pickings like a ruddy labourer. I were born on a ...
/ / Fiction / 7 Comments on The Town
The Goa Connection - Chapter 3

The Goa Connection – Chapter 3

In the first two chapters, Dan frets over the mysterious breakdown in communications from his former girlfriend, Katie. Things hot up when he discovers the whereabouts of hidden treasure, but he's unaware a villain is on his tail! This is a major revision.    Chapter 3 Dejected holidaymakers who’d paid ...
The Entire Company

The Entire Company

My submission for the current Prose Challenge:  An exploration of the normally unseen frenzy of creative passion, torment and struggle required of any team of thespians that dedicates itself to the creation of great theatre ...
Drama Club

Drama Club

For Griff's prose challenge... "Base your story around the cast of characters in a theatre - variety, dramatic, Greek, whatever. Story can be humour, drama, tragedy, mystery... " So, below, a little bit of some of that ...! 1,532 words ...
/ / Fiction / 5 Comments on Drama Club
Fog

Fog

Still nothing new ...
/ / Fiction / 4 Comments on Fog
Belladonna Restaurant

Belladonna Restaurant

A mysterious death in a restaurant ...
The Judas Kiss

The Judas Kiss

Written for the Edinburgh Meet-up ...