Latest Prose

Reflections

Reflections

This was written as a monologue to be recited at a live event. I think it was the launch of one of the Gold Dust anthologies. To the best of my recollection it has never appeared on UKAuthors. The way it's spoken is almost as important as the content. I ...
The Visitor

The Visitor

Three years ago we found the Holy Grail, limitless free energy, then we had a visitor. We were meditating when it happened. I felt a presence that is impossible to describe. An overwhelming sense of peace consumed me. ’Who are you?’ I asked without speaking. ‘I am you and you ...
The Snob: Chapter 3

The Snob: Chapter 3

Unthinkably, Rosie had been kidnapped ...
The Summer of Dust

The Summer of Dust

I was talking in the forums about authors posting their absolute favourite story from their own past work. Authors are probably the worst possible people to make this judgement, but anyway, this is mine. It hasn't been on UKAuthors before. Sorry, I'm afraid it's a bit long ...
Skulduggery

Skulduggery

I am not a nice man. I'm a mean minded low-life bastard and that’s why I’ll survive. Nice people end up dead in my game.  ...
Taking a Bow

Taking a Bow

East your heart out Anthony Joshua ...
Not Worth the risk.

Not Worth the risk.

An early experiment from me, originally published in 2004, under Fiction heading. or should that have been nonfiction?  I think it works without quotation marks…  ...
Clothes Sense

Clothes Sense

This is long. But I promise you it will entertain and amuse you all the way through. Try it.  I had the shock of my life when I found out my Wardrobe had been two-timing me! ...
A Latin Metaphor

A Latin Metaphor

Not entirely sure where this came from ...
Utter Carnage

Utter Carnage

This is a re-write of a story I wrote a couple of years ago. For god's sake don't comment on this piece, you might "Offend" some poor sensitive soul. 😉 When planning their terrorist attack they applied meticulous attention to every detail.  ‘You did well obtaining the Minister’s schedule Ahmed, now pay ...
Noon

Noon

An oldie ...
/ / Fiction / 6 Comments on Noon
Chasing Lions

Chasing Lions

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) ...
Of Cats and Bags

Of Cats and Bags

Sometimes the simplest of things let the cat out of the bag ...
Zeezee Cop

Zeezee Cop

a novel opening ...
The Commissar

The Commissar

From a time of innocence ...