Latest Poetry

Feathers Without Hope

Feathers Without Hope

Poem recalling a true experience I had in St Pete's Florida, back in the early 1990s. Bird with broken wing I saw that day while walking along the sandy bay; as I knelt down in soft wet sand, let fledgling feel warmth of my hand, stroked its wings, this injured bird; while soft breezes I attentively heard, after a while black clouds did abound; looking around no help could be found, couldn't leave my new ...
Adjustment

Adjustment

When love knocks on your door you don't ask who it is, but you just open doors and windows wide, you can't do otherwise, since you can not afford to let it go and let it fly away from you once more like it has done so many times before. You open up your heart and soul as wide as possible and hope your guest will thus be comfortable until she must leave again for ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on Adjustment
Arms and the Man

Arms and the Man

Bullet points ...
A como uma bela flor. Like a Beautiful Flower

A como uma bela flor. Like a Beautiful Flower

The wilting flower must close its head, The sunlight’s gone the night is still, Not a whisper, so you sleep tight, Awake tomorrow, to open again, Breathe gods air to make life pure. Amongst the chaos & the gloom, Dancing gracefully with the wind, We think of you and anxiously wait, To witness your beauty again, in the mists of early morn. Like the sunflower, Turning once more, looking at the light with laughter, And ...
Hawaii

Hawaii

Hawaii your resplendent island beating in our hearts we're praying for you your marvelous mountains that we explored, whispering, roaring waves we surfed, exquisite beaches lip-smacking poi and laulau dreamy life we experienced fresh in our minds Hawaii, your children, men, women, your flora and fauna, your stars, we are praying for you ...
/ / Poetry / 2 Comments on Hawaii
Isn't this a poem

Isn’t this a poem

A little learning is a dangerous thing বিদ্যা শুভকরী কিন্তু সল্পা বিদ্যা ভয়ঙ্করী ...
Drifting On Imagined Dreams

Drifting On Imagined Dreams

Dreams I took with me That day; the sweet scent Of patchouli, its fragrance Still lingers caressing Senses. Time enough for me  Imagining drifting on  Quiet lake, laying Under cloudless sky... Peace slipping into Silence;  Soft white feathers  Take flight, watching As two white swans Fly overhead; their Necks so lithe and Proud. Sun beams were Dancing on golden Lake, rippling like Glistening jewels, As I drift into Gentle slumber.  Written by Featheredwing. 17th August ...
We live in dreams. Nós vivemos em sonhos

We live in dreams. Nós vivemos em sonhos

We fall slowly into a second world. Where dreamers are equal, Our thoughts and ideas carry forth Unaware of what plays out Wishful thinking? who knows, Minds designed to work in sleep mode Images gleaned and weaved  Into many different things, Some stretch reality  Whilst others could ring true... Caímos lentamente num segundo mundo. Onde os sonhadores são iguais, Nossos pensamentos e ideias levam adiante Sem saber o que acontece Wishful pensando? quem sabe, Mentes ...
Two Stars Meant to Collide. duas estrelas colidem

Two Stars Meant to Collide. duas estrelas colidem

With like-minded sides, No thoughts to hide, Life becomes a glide No need to slip or slide Minds in union bide, Time waits, as we thrive. Sharing all that  Comes to mind. When two stars were meant to collide. Com os que pensam da mesma maneira Sem pensamentos para esconder, A vida torna-se um deslize Não há necessidade de escorregar ou deslizar As mentes em união aguardam, O tempo espera, enquanto nós prosperamos. Partilhando tudo ...
Migration Of A White Goose

Migration Of A White Goose

She tips head towards open sky, stirring sounds touching senses; spreading wings of pure white snow; eyes speak of struggles within, knowing distance...that perilous journey so wild and savage; tracing flight tainted clouds blacken, letting grace shine beyond compare; on and on till disappearing, like candle flame extinguished presence is no more. Written by featheredwing.  13th August 2023 ...
I fell short. Fiquei aquém do esperado

I fell short. Fiquei aquém do esperado

I fell short of winning your mind. It's like you're walking on air So fine with poise and grace, Fair and full of rhythm. I soared to the skies Through the miles  That carried me onward, To find mine amidst thine eyes, Witnessing such beauty, Beauty like yours, Gently kissed by light Gazing at your sweet blush As such I've never honoured before. I paused, I tried To explore your mind,  With much regret I ...
Like a Twisted Tree. Como uma árvore retorcida.

Like a Twisted Tree. Como uma árvore retorcida.

Life can be like a twisted tree, You start as one seed,  one trunk, One branch, a single leaf, Twisting, turning  Wrapped around others, As if with twisted limbs, Conjoined and yearning to be free, As branches, try to escape  This mad intensity. Soon like life, they find space, They reach for the light, No longer dark, no longer tight, Climbing towards the light, The light that sets us free. A vida pode ser como ...
Old Experimental Layout Pieces

Old Experimental Layout Pieces

A Precious Poet's Loss Of Pathos of necessity, even well-meaning acts of love are breaches of integrity                         She lived in             the twilight world of gods,        off leaking incarnate spirituality,   under the influence of fabulous beings, myth and moon steered her mood swings. Determined to achieve poetical posterity,   she jumped from the motorway ...
The Critical Years

The Critical Years

that define you; contentious Waiting before feeding fosters contemplation civilisation Socialisation during latency enroots rules for polite coexistence Indoctrination implants parental dictates creating possessed minds indelibly   For, during these irremediable years, infants lack reason to challenge those ancestral beliefs destined to be inculcated further by charlatans and soothsayers intrinsically      Goth:2023 ...
The Flight of Life

The Flight of Life

Please excuse the brutal realism... You are catapulted into life between the buttocks of your mother like a fart, most furiously and forcefully, and of course it hurts, and you do right in screaming out aloud but soon forget, that that scream would be valid all your life, that flight of constant turbulence of torture which will never leave you quite in peace from worries, anguish and anxieties; so that first scream of yours you ...