Latest Poetry

when this lousy war is over

when this lousy war is over

For my spankin' new incognito muse - is she even aware? best she's kept in the dark.  🙂 ...
Silence

Silence

The much travelled roads Of conflict, arguments, Discussions, debates Cannot take talkers To the destination, Listening to the silence can,  Only silence can,  Only silence. We're looking outside For the ways to be free, Being on the inside Is the source, the only key. What you say or do Is not important, What you think, is; Be at ease please, It's never too late To sit and meditate ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on Silence
Let it heal

Let it heal

  The world is breathing, It is healing. We are struggling to live Still fighting. Conspiracy theories of warfare Has made love, being loved unfair. To fight the virus, We're washing our hands, Wearing masks; If the mind could be shielded And washed as well We'd have helped us Faster off this hell. It seems we ought to Do some thinking still, The world is healing, Let it heal ...
Light of love

Light of love

Light of love I couldn't understand you My world, my love; I fear There were rough and smooth Patches we walked through, The rich and the poor sides Of being in love could Perhaps never find the truth, They lied on the ground beneath, On the kingdom above. Is that what made us part Our ways? Our intimacy, Being in love, didn't it ever Make any sense! We're going back into Our tiny nests, Fighting ...
'la chambre haute'

‘la chambre haute’

've not written much lately - it's hard to create when behind one there's the insistent tap tap tapping of the gallows. Anyhow enough of that - here's a first draft quickie - oo err matron! 🙂 ...
Sobriety

Sobriety

sort of philosophical reflection To fly away and never touch the earth, to soar in heaven never to get down, to be released from any morbid sense of inhibition and mortality, of bonds and boundaries and pains, and to be free in spirit, clear in mind, like almost being all the time inebriated is the natural and perfect state of absolute sobriety, which can not be affected by whatever drugs or alcoholics, since you simply ...
/ / Poetry / No Comments on Sobriety
To another lost friend

To another lost friend

Whom the gods love die young, they say. He was like a brother to me for 33 years – and never grew a minute older. My friend, where are you now? Somewhere among the clouds, out up there soaring, triumphing exultingly in freedom and enjoying getting rid of everything, while at the same time missing all the things you couldn't get enough of? Well, let me participate in your extolling in magnificence as great in ...
The show goes on

The show goes on

I want to be happy. I focus on things, or on others, Friends, strangers; It entices me more, Becomes my addiction, My destiny. Instead of being happy, I become sad. I exercise my freedom, I feel cherished in The so-called like-minded company, In passionate love that leads into Humdrum tolerance Or in acquisitions, opulence Blinded by material success Perpetually scared to be with me, I constantly yearn for togetherness. My own friendship I underestimate Seduced ...
Dance with Me

Dance with Me

Following an interesting discussion I have reposted this very old poem from my first book  - unedited - it is probably here among my earliest submissions ...
EMPTY STREETS

EMPTY STREETS

KEEP SAFE ...
The state of the global village

The state of the global village

We are in the anteroom, in a castle we knew as world, playing out perhaps the last act of a drama; men, women, children all at once engaged  as the sleepwalking Grouch,  cleaning the dirty hands; caregivers are failing, so are the perfumes of Arabia to wash the scarlet guilt away.  What a spell has fallen upon us, that we are outwitted by an invisible,  so-far-invincible virus. The historian inside trembles to paint the grim ...
World!

World!

We have so far molested the world as a brothel; now, let us treasure it as an ashram ...
/ / Poetry / No Comments on World!