Latest Poetry

Brick, Girder, Glass, Unrestrained

Brick, Girder, Glass, Unrestrained

No 6 in the series "The life and times of Mary" ...
A Fallen Star

A Fallen Star

A fireball, a driveway and a priceless meteorite  https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/fireball-meteorite-found-gloucestershire-driveway-5087628 ...
Nothing matters

Nothing matters

When I was beginning my career, to get a good job was a dream, thus to get promotions, positions, possessions mattered to me; when I had them one after the other, it was nothing. A childless mother, a motherless child, what do they think? Ask a mother with children, and children with mother, to them, it doesn’t matter, it’s nothing. When I wasn’t rich, wasn’t able to express myself in writing, then, to own a car, ...
The household reveries

The household reveries

Lively friends, families, celebrating ceremonies; vanished in time, cleared from the space, like a dry leaf withers without a trace.  Buried in the memory, they remain forever, with love and care, treasured stories, priceless, defeating deaths for centuries; some hidden, some hang on the walls, stored in the albums.  ...
The image of an ordinary ag

The image of an ordinary ag

I drew a picture of a poet; the face, an orchard, blooming words, one strong chest, a soft breast; one foot of a beast, one of a dove, struggling to balance in a dancing posture; one wing of an eagle one of a Gabriel, hair, half-forest half neatly braided; no hands, no eyes, no ears, the lower portion, a tad controversial, comfortably covered with a black piece of rag; on the whole, the desperate brush tried to capture the ...
Invective

Invective

Just a little poem about what runs through your mind when you intensely dislike everything about your ex ...
Midstream on the River Styx

Midstream on the River Styx

Midstream on the River Styx I climbed out the window, jumped into that pitiless hell. I ran, I ran and ran some more. Only time will tell. I cast off times restraints and threw all love to the winds. It swirled and cursed me but love wouldn’t let me be. Able was I ere saw Elba I palindrome I. Words cascade a grand parade Meaningless in loss. As platitudes replace all lives grace and sometimes ...
While walking the dogs....

While walking the dogs….

While walking the dogs I stopped to contemplate the embroidery of love as seen in the intricate stems of ivy climbing the trees ...
Don't Name Them

Don’t Name Them
Picked

Dedicated to all the young people, teens and children I witnessed fighting cancer at the Teen and young persons oncology ward where my son made his own final fight, a salute to the humility and love these places are embalmed in. Don’t name them Don’t name them Too many names No names Names can Be missed Your name Their name So no names No religion All faiths die No colour Whats colour No country No ...
Robert Frost in a pocket (A B-33 in a B-17)

Robert Frost in a pocket (A B-33 in a B-17)
Picked

I've had the little book (B-33) for years; and just watched again 12 O'clock High. So this is a meld - some mine - some Frosts, from the book; and I give him due acknowledgement.  ...
Murder

Murder

There was a new me in the mirror, for the old me was now lost And although there hadn’t been a trade in, you wouldn’t believe the cost I woke up each day tearful, as the old me said goodbye And I became somebody else, before my very eyes For the old me had been murdered, she had taken him apart And when I pieced him back together, I couldn’t find his heart It was ...
/ / Poetry / 2 Comments on Murder
A strange game

A strange game

War, an indoor game, played outside, by the outsiders; soldiers, warriors, caregivers, not the stakeholders, like a herd, in a cattle-field, who don't score any points unless they thrive to die outdoors,  for a greater cause, for self-destructive havoc.  War, a strange game, misdirected by the selfish, displayed by the selfless.  ...