Latest Poetry

Rear View Mirror (revised)

Rear View Mirror (revised)

Bottom pic as to highlight I am now in the 'rear view mirror'  I have totally reworked the poem because it is often only when see it posted I see mistakes> Thanks to all who commented. The crux of the poem has not changed....only the expression here and there. x ...
Bad Little Boy Named Percy!

Bad Little Boy Named Percy!

A Dr Seuss inspired children's verse about a bad little boy ...
The rope

The rope

We become what we acquire; wealth, culture, faiths, appearances, behaviors rule us in an automated mode; display of puppetry of human flesh and blood, a knotty, invisible attachment, a habit, a condemned bondage, chaining like a wire, beyond all scope; a tail of an animal, or the serpentine intoxication tied around the throat; all possible hopes of breaking free from the non-existent string, to untie the erotic lace and unite with the infinite is overruled; in the guise of a bonding, the irrelevant lanyard lies ...
Mr & Mrs Albatross

Mr & Mrs Albatross
Picked

They can't survive on plastic ...
A Soldier Remembers

A Soldier Remembers
Picked

This was originally the tenth station in a twelve stations of the cross sequence. I've taken it out and made it into an 'alternative reality'; partly influence by a play I watched years ago; setting the Passion in post war Palestine, and the occupying British standing in for the Romans. It worked quite well ...
The Light Stays Off.

The Light Stays Off.

Life’s joy walked in softly, secretly: gifted me contentment, light shone  in all things. For so short a time. It stole you away knocked me down, left me to crawl on the floor of darkness deaf to the song of life, imprisoned, held by the arms of the lost. A glimmer, a chink of light bleeds in, a false friend skilled in trickery or the song of a Siren to dash me against the rocks? ...
Hey, dude

Hey, dude

Hey, dude just hold my hand, please don’t leave me behind, without you, the stage is unkind, I don’t find a ground to stand; right under the stars, hey dude, I feel so blind. Without you, I can’t move on, o babe, tell me, where’d I go so wrong, help me understand, but please don’t leave my hand; without you, there’s no reason to live, in the truest things I fail to believe, the dawn, ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on Hey, dude
New Blood

New Blood

The cruelty of nature must be faced ...
A relative choice

A relative choice

I am not interested in your wealth, dear relative, I am interested in you. What you do with your hard-earned money is your choice, your own point of view. Relative! Didn’t you hear the news? That there was this renowned ghazal singer who willed his fortune among the most trusted men, women, and children he knew? His watchman, milk-woman, newspaper boy, his faithful servant, and his iron man, (Ha! Ha!), the one who pressed his dhoti and ...
An Early Morning Call

An Early Morning Call

Are you being scammed? ...
The Grand Yew - All Saints’ Church

The Grand Yew – All Saints’ Church

One of the oldest trees in the village standing guard at All Saints ...
My day, like any other day

My day, like any other day

World poetry day is perhaps my day, many verses, most of them told ordinarily, they fell on the leaves; patient words eager to be heard, did they enchant the world, I'd always wondered; but who am I to think of that, when all I could do, in darkness or in light was write, and only write, shades of unseen hues in black and white, who am I to judge any of them, good, bad, they ...
The Slipper Orchid (Paphiopedilum)

The Slipper Orchid (Paphiopedilum)
Picked

The Slipper Orchid (Paphiopedilum) (edited 18th March 2021) Continuing the communing with nature theme ...