Latest Poetry

The last love note from Paris

The last love note from Paris

Part 2 of The Trojan Chronicles: imagining what Paris was thinking of saying to Helen as he lay fatally wounded. Part of a set of poems exploring Troy and the Trojan War ...
Blind Date

Blind Date

Expect the unexpected ...
Waiting for a Bus

Waiting for a Bus

You wait and wait and are at the end of your tether waiting hours for a bus, then three come together. It was just like that as regards the Covid vaccine: not one but a trio appeared on the world's scene. Others are being developed and there'll be more; we are told that it is a lifeline that we can't ignore and because we value our health we shall comply so that the chance of ...
100% Cotton

100% Cotton

memories of being slaves while reading the label on a t-shirt ...
/ / Poetry / 6 Comments on 1006 Cotton
Unforgiven.

Unforgiven.
Picked

I am no more than yesterday’s echo, less than a whisper in the shadows of your thoughts. You turn your back; leave me to drift forsaken, into the night your cold words piercing sharp as stars in a blackened sky. My careless eye, in darkness failed to see the light it took away ...
I Am, Therefore I Think

I Am, Therefore I Think

A pause for thought as time moves on ...
No Cream in the Carbonara

No Cream in the Carbonara

Is pineapple an acceptable pizza topping? And do you put cream in the carbonara? ...
Daydreaming on Guildford High Street

Daydreaming on Guildford High Street

A lighter piece this. So easy to be transported from the now with the now ...