Latest Poetry

true story (kinda)

true story (kinda)

true story (ish) there’s free wifi at the local library. as I sat reading the online Express, checking out ‘plenty of fish’ (no messages) scoping the avenue through diet club posters on the window, hoping to glimpse the love of my life (unrequited) passing by, (no luck, I must have blinked and missed her) a local writer, a minor poet who bore an aura of ‘significance’ and a ‘bag for life’ bulging with books bustled ...
Chiroscuro Haiku

Chiroscuro Haiku

  Eating the darkness alive in shadow and shade a slice of morning.         allets 08-21-19   ...
/ / haiku, Poetry
THE PATIENT OWL

THE PATIENT OWL

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) ...
Do you see me ?

Do you see me ?

i walk through the cold dark morgue,  to where you weep over me,  i walk upon silent feet,  reaching towards you,  my heart breaking at your pain,  do you see me? i stand by your side at the grave,  wishing i could tell you i love you,  seeking to hold you in my arms,  making everything right again,  it hurts watching you suffer so,  do you see me? i lay beside you in our bed,  ...
A real win

A real win

  I don't want success That singles me out As a lonely winner. I am placed on top To look down upon The losers. I don't want success That becomes the cause Of jealousy for others, My friends, colleagues, My brothers and sisters. I want success that touches People around me in a positive way. When they really feel glad and say, Hey buddy you made our day! When they feel proud, Wholeheartedly applaud My ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on A real win
Acceptance leads to change

Acceptance leads to change

Enjoy reading the lines we experience at work, but are perhaps not willing to accept.  ...
Closing the Golden Door

Closing the Golden Door

There is a poem written at the base on the Statue of Liberty, I wonder does it still hold true ...
Ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha! Holds you high Up in the sky Heals all pain and scar, Those heavy bla bla bla Troubling you inside Will wither, disappear! Wherever you are Just practise ha ha ha! Smile, laugh, giggle Dissolve your riddle, puzzle; To feel as light as feather Or shine like a star Just go ha ha ha! Don't look for any reason It's good for all season, Summer, winter, spring You will dance and sing, ...
/ / Poetry / 2 Comments on Ha ha ha!
Broken mind

Broken mind

Lost deep within my own mind, Where Invisible bars block my every way, Trapped within a prison built of my own madness , Tormented by demons grown from my regrets, And Born by my frustration and inability to act, Here Anonymous Doctors tell me its my illness, That I am not responsible for my actions, Yet who else can these demons feed upon? Who else can my mind blame? As they Slowly drive me insane, ...
Thick-skinned

Thick-skinned

Intelligence Intelligence is the lock It is also the key Threat is the block It is also the opportunity. In this game of hide and seek Theatres the perpetual destiny. Thick-skinned Write, no matter what. Silly it might sound, Style may not attract Erudite eyes; Still write. Those intelligent organs, Loving, as it were, Will see the light In the broken words That may not always be right In black and white. Being sensitive, a ...
Religion and spirituality

Religion and spirituality

  Religion is the arch-enemy Of humankind Spirituality, the unconditional Friend, it ignites the light. Religion is the cause of wars, Hatred, intolerance, False pride and power of every kind Spirituality, the harbinger of peace It empowers the users, showers bliss. Temples, mosques, churches Host Satans, Molesters, Uniformed wolves in sheep's clothing, These places of worship Display pomp and grandeur Cruel, vulgar perpetrators of horrific crimes Busy marketing their respective Scriptures, They need acres of ...
World Indigenous Day

World Indigenous Day

Today is World indigenous day. Let's make this world a better living place. Through our thoughts and actions, we can make it more lively and lovely. World! My world! Your world! Our world! A moving place for all sentient beings! Let's replace wars in us with kindest of words And live up to those with our actions, Let's push all weapons into museums. Together we can bring Peace into fruition, Because thoughts are things! Written ...