Latest Poetry

Wuthering At Top Withens

Wuthering At Top Withens

But, for overnighting, not very inviting, too windy! On Pennine Way A night's rest denied by thick steadfast roots, our weary limbs justly shake aggrieved fists at yielding brick. Thrashed relentlessly into jagged forms, buttressed walls have lost all grip to insidious time. Now roofless, a dwelling still racked by forces, vibrant and obtrusive. From inside, soaring air slices into sighs, lovers lamenting in succession. Name to name, seeking solace from each other, torturing guests ...
Oh, Morocco

Oh, Morocco

The Marrakesh earthquake in Morocco has shaken the world. No words to express our grief. Speechless, we weep for the loss of lives, the unfinished stories of men, women and children who now rest in peace in heaven. May God give you strength May God give you strength ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on Oh, Morocco
Sacrificial Leaves

Sacrificial Leaves

Give hope to civilisation. Pic.: my own Greenest spring leaves freshly cleansed thriving in sunshine and shower absorbing noxious inversion sweetening summer nights         till, in last glow of autumn their mission mercifully ends dying, fading, bio-degrading         overwintering, aiding next         season's emerging progeny destined to be self-sustaining within the blue troposphere         our Earth's highest heaven Who will pay homage to the life cycle of ...
Reliability

Reliability

You can count on me, my love, to never even run the risk of being tempted to reveal, betray or give away your soul disclosing your identity to anyone unworthy of your love, your character and influence, which means much more to me than all the world, since it is so much more important. The evil of the Chinese communist imperialism is so established, that whoever makes resistance and objects can only be self-evidently good ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on Reliability
The Chamber

The Chamber

You invade my heart again and are most welcome there to stay. You'll find there space enough for both of us and all the world, and all the doors are open and the window view the best, the temperature is moderate but never cold, and you will never find it too hot either, since the thermostat is perfect. Just feel comfortable and at ease and welcome to remain as long as possible, since I have ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on The Chamber
Seasons Change

Seasons Change

Softly as dawn breaks on lakeside's rippled mist, an Autumn's soft release of rain gives rise to  summer's slumber; with call of October's breeze...dappled leaves of gold and brown, with gladdened heart this  harvest won; last rays of sun, a gleam of hope begun. Feel the touch of October's breeze...a sweet caress wrapped in coming Winter's ambience of lake's bitter  freeze. Snowflakes will fall like feather's whisper, softly uttering whimsical cheer mesmerizing as in dream, ...
Encounter with my dead father

Encounter with my dead father

I am holding my father’s hand so white and in silence we walk up the whispering track. Dark figures with helmets lie on the side. Blue shapes of hands wave to me in the night and I dare not look back.   No purple blood runs from father’s bones, no wound below his heart I can see, but softly a cross rises up from the stones for his soul that still lingers and moves and ...
A Special Celebration

A Special Celebration

99 red balloons ...
Rejuvenating Sea-Air

Rejuvenating Sea-Air

From afar of course this blithe spirit thought me younger, or perhaps a missing puzzle-bit completing the image of her favoured age.. nevertheless… Pic.: no © On each lunchtime seafront walk, a young woman on a regency balcony feigned wanting me as her lover. As Monty Sunshine syncopated with raging waves, Hardy’s Eustacia, dressed 20's style, kept eye contact, swaying provocatively, long black ringlets undulating with the jazzed up tempo. Complying with this calculated risk, distance was ...
The Curse of the Full Moon

The Curse of the Full Moon

You'll never get away with it. I'll always be there to remind you of the facts of life that chain humanity for always in the bonds of midnight magic as I ever will return each month with waxing light to never let you down in love completely but light up the midnight darkness just to put you off in the hysteria of overwhelming feelings of the midnight magic light that never fails. You will stay ...
Just another death star

Just another death star

no names - but the type of vanity star is everywhere The inflexibility of your hardness makes you unapproachable, and your chill does not make things much easier either; so why do you protest so much then, bragging out your love so loud for anyone to hear your garish invitation, while all you love is just yourself with that excessive vanity disclosed in sumptuous luxury, as if your sole intention was to bribe the world ...
In Autumn

In Autumn

when spent life reveals its beauty: Swedish poem translated Pic.: my own Om hösten då solen försöker greppa om livet luften vibrerar av ansträngning löv efter löv faller till marken och förmultnar till ett minne blott Att dansa längs den sista ljusstrålen som trots sin skönhet saknar kraften att värma blir till en obarmhärtig lek mot det slutgiltiga: en kärleksfull död utan ångest   In autumn when the sun tries to hold on to life ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on In Autumn
Yellow Submarine

Yellow Submarine

A splash of colour ...
The Two Sides Of Time

The Two Sides Of Time

Drawing, photoed, acid-etched & enamelled on brass plate, my own. Difficult not to get a camera shadow! From the moment we're born Time splits into two finite sides, and like a metronomic cursor tethered to present a new life ticks incessantly onwards its future shortening, its past lengthening until, when whole again, all that's left is the shared orchestration of its journey Time reverts back to one continuum when all we are, is history Goth:2023 ...
no shadow

no shadow

no shadow between impulse and action no education no shadow between self and role no peace on the dais no shadow between feeling and words crowds at their worst forbidden forgotten forsaken forgiven built with ABCs cemented by Ps ans Qs ...
/ / Poetry / No Comments on no shadow