Latest Poetry

The sum of my parts (A soma das minhas partes)

The sum of my parts (A soma das minhas partes)

Beyond what I am, Beyond what I was, Beyond all I know, Lies honesty, Lies true virtue, Lies belief, Beyond all lies trust, Trust in me as I wish to trust in you. I wish to leave or climb no barriers. I wish to compromise, not conquer. I wish to be me. My wish is for you to be you... Além do que eu sou, Além do que eu era, Além de tudo que eu ...
Old Soldiers Never Die

Old Soldiers Never Die

they simply fade... into acronyms. Remembering the last patrol member (but one), our leading scout (military), who died recently Ambling sadly homewards after a long walk in wilderness, bend turning car lights beaming out  from some distant valley,         momentarily blinded the eye.         On many a mission, nightfall mist, heavy hail, snow, rain, sand storms, swirling in, reduced all visibility. But he always found the best path his perceptions said, would lead       ...
Trailing Clouds of Glory by Aziza Hon

Trailing Clouds of Glory by Aziza Hon

When you walk on the clouds Majestically in creative flight Not seeing the fleeting stars around You pay your debtors with a smile Mediocre verse weavers are keenly out of tune Thomas - unbelieving gods Don't resist copperheads Forgive your offenders Envious and hostile ones For the spit in your face And slander in your ears - smarting just the one-time Are deceitful shows of pretentiousness Crucial nonsense at a critical time The film was ignorantly ...
One Good Turn

One Good Turn

...deserves another ...
Beyond the lychgate

Beyond the lychgate

Reading the name of someone known. Pic.: St Marys Church, Beddington, Surrey She’s named on a small tag on the low edge of a yew tree grove, long from the stone temple, where white crosses form uniform rows; she had died peacefully, when ready, in control, and contented. For others with sanctioned graves, it was too late; doomed, before they could know it, the guiltless combatants, the poor soldiers of the Lord, or some other ...
Meeting in darkness

Meeting in darkness

In the darkness of your eyes it's easy to commit oneself and get completely lost in the dissolving magic of enchantment, since bewitched by love you are not only all at sea but even all beside yourself, tongue-tied with arms tied also with your hands behind your back, your mouth and senses sealed, while all that you can do and voice and think of is your love. The total consummation is the total concentration, and ...
Absent but lasting presence

Absent but lasting presence

You say, my love, that you can only love me when you see me and I am at hand, concrete and tangible in virtual presence, but for me the soul is much more real, more present and more tangible and even more so when you are not present, since I can not live without that love of yours which constantly pervades my whole existence. Let me dream of you and keep you in my dreams ...
Closing Act

Closing Act

made the marriage and the ceiling! A pillow feather soaring high on gentle breath assuaged in the after-draught before descending onto becalmed stillness In that nuptial bed soft and warm as goose down he had been pre-emptively conceived Inspired to expire with purposeful aspiration life ended as it began appropriating legitimate opportunity Goth:2021 ...
Winter’s Kiss.

Winter’s Kiss.

Boney hands of winter weave icy chills between each falling leaf, first frosts peep silent through loosely curtained windows. Cruelly stripped trees bare all to ever watchful eyes, and await the coldest kiss of night ...
Ignorant knowledge

Ignorant knowledge

We're all travellers looking for a permanent space in the world, our caravan. If this had a perduring imprint in our minds right from our childhood days in schools, we'd have peace in this moving place. Why schools!  Well, since they are the ones that churn out the indignant fools. The only confrontation the world faces today is education. Then we'd remain unlettered? Is that what you're trying to say! Perhaps yes, perhaps no, I ...
Halloween Unmasked

Halloween Unmasked

Pumpkin pie anyone? Buttericks (est. 1913) masquerade shop here, have experienced some bumper years now, who needs dead ghouls, even outside of America? Teeming with living dead at last year's nocturnal vigil, head torches lit up Laughing-Clowns-With- Movable-Mouths. Six struck by cars teeth flashing incandescently! The year before, a whole campaign trail of America-First-Trumps* were warned for grabbing Clinton crutches, and holding fast till cleaved by wedgies; without consent! For years, partygoers wore Putin-Dobby and Xi-Winnie-The-Poo, Halloween ...
As Noah's My Witness

As Noah’s My Witness

I nearly died for being foolish! GPS plotting me, padded with elephant grass, I secured a splint with bramble vine, its thorns ratcheting it fast. Longer side lodged under armpit, the eyes of night dared me to hobble towards the last glint of light. For, Western Isle born, I'd felt death creeping in from East, following me, sensing my floundering plight. Not until the eleventh hour did my nemesis and I find each other, retaining ...
Fragile!

Fragile!

As my love grows old it grows forever younger in vitality and enthusiasm and power of expansion, but it is an ardent flame that must be tamed and well contained to not burst open into violent and unforseen explosions that might consume not just itself but even the most precious object of your worship; so take heed and please excuse my warning that I must contain my love in order to preserve it as the ...
/ / Poetry / 1 Comment on Fragile!
World of words (WOW)

World of words (WOW)

Five ferocious Flibbertigibbets VictimizEd, InadequatEd, ComplexEd, EnfeeblEd, DisequilibriumEd, Ruling the Earth, Running the World. while the six sparkling stars, sun, universe, moon, mountains, oceans, Nature unable to signal them, say, oh heavens,   the notoriously unguided intelligent, shamelessly armed nincompoops, childishly educated, Rexes cause us Rhexis, camouflage behind Their Ps and Qs paint spurious hues play with them warring with words ruining the world, wrecking the planet blue ...
Affection and Affliction

Affection and Affliction

What is love anyway? ------------------------ I’m not sure if I love my dog. I care for her more than any cat would. I cannot say what is love when it comes to pets. I don’t take her to my bed. Tho ’ I allow her a corner on waking mornings. I'll pet her to make her calm and feel protected. I’ll find her a dark corner when thunder moves her earth and stroke her black ...