Latest Poetry

Looking Out A Window

Looking Out A Window

. Yesterday, I was glancing at the squirrels at play in the yard and I wondered how, from where I began, did I end up here? It is quiet and safe, well appointed with all that I need and a bit more. I am a squirrel playing in the backyard of my life. . Retired, I miss working because I did that routine for fifty years and it is a part of me. I am ...
/ / Poetry
Donegal Eden

Donegal Eden

another revision ...
A big relief

A big relief

A big relief Nothing to do! No work to look forward to None to talk to! Engaged only with my lines My words, a pack of useless lies This now my affair A little unfair huh? I think I must die Ha ha ha No courage to decide To end my life, to commit suicide. The woods are lovely dark and deep I have no promises to keep I beg your pardon Robert Frost I ...
Moments of Lust (Excerpt)

Moments of Lust (Excerpt)

What you hear is what you get ...  Moments of Lust is a poetry of mine turned into music. What you hear is all my "noise" with one exception and that is the chanteuse ...
My dreams

My dreams

My dreams, Lying on the shore Unfulfilled pebbles. My myopic eyes Don't recognize, Cannot own Any one stone. Those black jewels Which could once see The horizon at night, The hilltop through the fog Are screeching for vision. 'They're not what you see They're diamonds! Whether scattered On the beach, Drowned in the mines Yet to be found, Adorning a jewelry Or a beating heart They're precious Priceless pearls'. My feeble, fragile hands Took some ...
chatting with Saoirse

chatting with Saoirse

A revised pome from me new book - chosen at random ...
Roles matter

Roles matter

Roles matter When you write your lines I become a reader You bring them to life With your tunes Humming in the air, I become a listener. You sing to me stories Of successes and failures Of families and histories Of joys and woes, Your world of words Makes me a follower. For all these roles I play I'm indebted to you everyday I can read, listen, follow Other words, high and low, Now I'm ...
For a Change ...

For a Change …

A repost from last year. Not edited ...
Thank You

Thank You

Fresh from my mind ...
Sleep That Knits

Sleep That Knits

The eyes slowly close shutting out light and depth killing senses to the point of numbness.   Drowsy would be alert compared to what is now behind my eyes, heavy upon my lids. Drowsy would be good for another hour or better.   The mind clouds and blinks to stay awake, but too many hours have passed and here is need for major repairs and too long sought, but not recently found, dreamspheres.   Adieu, ...
/ / Poetry
A perfect world

A perfect world

Looking for perfection Is not just a vice It's an addiction, an invisible device Through which enters  The hitherto invincible corruption With a humongous, perverted price.  You don't accept a line A word, an expression Of a text You come up with fine Innocuous suggestions,  But you don't realise That this intolerance In other contexts Can ruin your life.  This virus in your head Could contaminate your house,  You don't accept your spouse Their stature, ...
Really

Really

Really Goodness is seen Sadly in pictures In advertisements In words In sounds Seldom in silence Camouflaged in the cage Bound within the fence. If so many people are good Showing their affection Their kindness Towards the needy and the poor In social networking sites Collecting a downpour Of countless likes Then why's the world still Suffering from injustice, imbalance Of every kind? I wonder how we talk What we do instead When none would ...
Tulaigh Ua Thiomain (November 8 1987)

Tulaigh Ua Thiomain (November 8 1987)

I revised this for me new book  - it's in tanka format ...
Choice

Choice

Choice  The door is open But I cannot leave. The sky beckons The ceiling comforts I'm stuck in between. I'm free to go,  Hands are tied Feet drowned Into the dark abyss low Fast, I find myself inside This yes and no. The call is certain The curtain may fall So sudden I cannot believe. In both worlds, with their beliefs I want to own, love and live. The appealing dichotomy Of walls and mountains ...
A tower in silence

A tower in silence

revised for me new book ...