Latest Poetry

Bound to bloom

Bound to bloom

My poems My lines Poppies Daisies Who picks Who pecks Who cares I have love I am love I bloom Sun shines Moon lights Stars blink Water flows Wind blows Garden glows I come I go Who woos Who shoos away I smile always In time In space ...
/ / Poetry
Lately I Find

Lately I Find

For the poetry challenge ...
old time religion

old time religion

a true account - my lack of belief in their mumbo-jumbo resulted in my being ostracised and called a pariah. Sometimes a guy's just gotta do ...
View Beyond

View Beyond

For the poetry challenge ...
This is not a family

This is not a family

I was trying to paint A picture perfect image Of a family With water colours Under the rain. Papa ploughing the field, Playing catch catch With the child On the meadow Mama standing by, at ease as she be Affectionately holding the baby. Watching as witness Is the magical, miraculous sky. My brush Relentless and stubborn Looking for the sun Under the weeping sky, Painting to fade On the patient page. The off-white leaf smirked ...
/ / Poetry
Lately

Lately

Lately my sleep has no power to console, My lost dreams reek of failure and I awake to knotted sheets damp pillows. I give thanks for the lack of clarity. Better not to know- for sure. A cup of coffee for breakfast and alone in the hall I snatch my coat from its hook and face what the morning  has to offer ...
Death of Democracy

Death of Democracy

An observation on today's society deliberately omitting Brexit ...
untitled #3

untitled #3

untitled #3 the inexplicable pulse of joy on seeing the bridge crossing the Humber at journey’s end the memory of a night exploring Little Switzerland with a soon-to-be lover rippling over one another on the seaweed peppered shore where the defunct windmill stands ‘journey’s end?’ or the locus where my troubles slipped their moorings? ...
Unwilling to unlearn

Unwilling to unlearn

Lately, I'm constantly pushing Away the masquerading Mars An iconic scar Of the medieval mindset. Lately, I'm constantly throwing Away the immortal Malthus A treasured erudite Reason for the Horrendous Holocaust His blessings Wars as positive checks? Still counting. Costing. Lately, I'm constantly rejecting The deadly Darwin The most read respected Unnatural naturalist His dark enlightenment Has made mankind lose Battles by winning Many times over With the fittest survivors That went extinct Keeping the ...
Rose

Rose

Rose Lately, I see a change In the way I behold The world. It's not a question of age It is more of the mind That in competition Of any kind In any form or in any art I do not take part. Lately I'm of the opinion I beg your pardon, That healthy competition Is an oxymoron, Cut-throat is close I am surprised, even morose To see how a sensitive Person like Rose, beyond ...
untitled #2

untitled #2

untitled while the sorry processional of flickering drifters strides onstage, stutters mid-stage, then stumbles off we live together and love in the unruffled granite bedded crystal clear ice-blue rock pool of my thought world ah but you walked the nave hand in hand with another glinting smiles right and left and my sorrowful sighs are drowning in the flustering   of tumbled confetti littering the gravel pathway ...
I'm not alone

I’m not alone

I'm not alone No, I am not alone. My dreams, unfulfilled. But I know for sure They will appear as real In my zealous zone. No, they're not thrashed In the obsolete trash They're treasured as Precious stones In a place I call my own. Yes, my dreams screech in the thorns They also smile in the flowers They're found in twilights, in dawns They're there in the darkest of nights They exist in the ...
/ / Poetry
untitled #1

untitled #1

untitled to protect the innocent ...
A while ago

A while ago

He was falling From the cliff. No, it wasn't any sport He saw the child Running around... His mom, with a handful Of rice and daal, Chasing him. He is falling Fast Every moment Seemed precious. He could finally gather The courage To bid adieu To the perpetually Warring world. Minutes before he could finally Touch the ground He saw his mom Burnt alive, His sister raped, His father murdered, By some innocent souls Who ...