Latest Non-Fiction

The Labyrinth

The Labyrinth

It's best to play it as best you can. But once and once only ...
There's Only One God

There’s Only One God

Intro: up to 50 words Why are there so many religions ? Why not just one ? As I get older I seem to question things ! ...
The Prisoner

The Prisoner

Here it is again, maybe it can show up on Monday ...
"Apitate Eternity Ring"

“Apitate Eternity Ring”

A recent revision - ruthlessly edited to less than 50 percent of the original - but, hopefully, perfectly formed and you shouldn't see the join  🙂 No bank remains on the High Street corner Where the Yorkshire Penny once stood. On Saturday afternoons Its granite steps transformed To a gospel preachers’ rostrum As with spittle flecked chins they Bellowed at sinful shoppers passing by God’s everlasting love for them And the assurance of perpetual burning, ...
Final Farewell

Final Farewell

To be read at my planting (Or roasting) should I pop off before my dear wife. (I'm not planning on going anywhere soon) ...
The Prisoner

The Prisoner

My friend Miguel, he was minister of health... I believe he is no longer with us ...
Fancy A Sarnie ?

Fancy A Sarnie ?

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) Who doesn't like a sandwich ? This will make someone hungry I guarantee !  Main text of your writing. As a young lad I liked bread and jam, then again I loved cheese n pickle or a sandwich of corned beef or spam. I was also keen on beef dripping as it had such a lovely taste, "eat all the crusts, mum said ...
Omran

Innocence Lost

Dedicated to the innocent child Omran Dagneesh the little Syrian boy in the ambulance.  ...
Trinity

Trinity

The sad story of a successful man ...
/ / Non-Fiction / 5 Comments on Trinity
A Pastis Pastiche

A Pastis Pastiche

My first work in a long time.  It's the product of good red wine and warm evening sunshine.   You really had to be there! ...
Last Days Of Summer

Last Days Of Summer

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) ...
my nursing experiences

my nursing experiences

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) ...
The Measure of a Man

The Measure of a Man

Disturbed by what is happening around me... I decided to post this piece written sometime ago ********************************** The measure of a man - my son Is not the length of his life span, Nor his career successes. The measure of a man - my son Is not just the quantum of fun, Or the size of his friends circle. The measure of a man - my son Is not winning the marathon But rather running ...