Latest Non-Fiction

Response

Response

The sun was somber, apprehensive; It was looking at the clouds beginning to weave an image of a cobweb that’d soon cover it, along with its glow. Looking at this, you were writing on the page. Words had totally covered your feelings, much like the mesh above. In the meantime, the poorly drawn cobweb was done, it did cloud the sun soon, a gloom took over the day your words, your structures are failing you ...
/ / Non-Fiction / 1 Comment on Response
Eagerness to bring to light the imaginative

Eagerness to bring to light the imaginative

Lost in the physical In every minute, The frenzied world though Writes and talks about The non-physical. Confused in the erudite debate Between truth and lie Condemned to be trapped and irate In the destiny of debris Each one of us Pushing the insipid rock Of the punished Sisyphus. There is this someone Waiting for the world, Perhaps to wake up Or to take a plunge into an awakening Slumber, instead of Blaming anyone for ...
Thoughts while getting old

Thoughts while getting old

Just a thought...or two.(when you still have your tie-dye tee shirt) ...
"Sadie"

“Sadie”

A Rewrite of a poem lurking in my dusty recesses. This was loosely inspired by a gorgeous  neighbour who loves her pets - her family - I would not dream of treating her as this pome might indicate  🙂 Sadie was eighty when she stopped counting. Eighty suited her nicely so she got there and stayed. I was her acting amanuensis - unpaid. She got flustered over much but not overmuch. When she had forms ...
The light

The light

I am wandering light floating... The world is the sky I have one moon, one sun In my eyes The guides rotate and change places At ease I choose the sun of dawn And the dreamy moon Even in the loud afternoons And stark moonless nights My eyes radiate the aurora Of dawns and moonbeams In the powerful vivid seat I am at times the throne Sometimes the king And at other times the lounge I ...
Labour in Vain"

Labour in Vain”

I'll keep this raw - unedited - as the events are raw, precipitate, unfinished.     Outside in the corridor Staring at my trainers And the soup drip stain On the thigh of my jeans Wishing I had change for the vending machine.   Porters wheel stretcher beds Bearing bulging bellies Grunting in discomfort Cursing the pain They won’t go through again Until the next time The next and the next after that.   The ...
Holly, Pinky and other animals - part 1.

Holly, Pinky and other animals – part 1.

This is a short extract from my first book, Home Thoughts from a Man, a sort of autobiography ...
Cheese at Bedtime

Cheese at Bedtime

Eating Cheese just before retiring to bed is inviting strange dreams in the night my mother always said. I loved ignoring mother's advice. This is just a bit of daftness that came upon me whilst my wife was talking (And talking) Blackbirds chased me around the room Until I hit ‘em with a broom Then they flew straight up my nose Whilst I was modelling ladies’ clothes Next I argued with my mother Had a ...
"The End of an Affair"

“The End of an Affair”

reworked tanka I said, "Don’t love me, ‘we’ can never ever be". I said another held my heart, my hopes, my dreams. She heard, but Caz did not...'hear'. We had days of fun. Romping nights of lusting too. Overshadowed by that other lover lurking, behind doors of memory. Caz wanted to ask if my, “Darling I love you” whispers were for her or aimed at the other one. I could not answer truly. I had ...
The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger

Intro:  I really liked seeing the "cowboy" walking about the city centre when I was young. I've always loved eccentrics so this is a poem on one of my favourites ...
The Kingfisher

The Kingfisher

Recently saw while on a walk a kingfisher by a riverbank. Only the third time I've been lucky enough to see this beautiful bird. This inspired me to write this ...