Latest Fiction

A Dubious Undertaking

A Dubious Undertaking

It's been a while since I posted anything here.  In the meantime, I've moved from nostalgia and contemporary comment pieces to focus on humorous fiction, based on certain characters I've developed, like these two ...
The Doctor

The Doctor

It's a story  ...
More Fifty Worders

More Fifty Worders

The little snippets I posted recently seemed to be well received so I thought I'd post a few more ...
Brought to Book

Brought to Book

A story of delayed justice of magic and mystery ...
Out of Habit

Out of Habit

Some people hold secrets they can never divulge ...
A Roman Triptych - 3) Artemisia's Story

A Roman Triptych – 3) Artemisia’s Story

Cicero wrote: “History is the witness of the times….” But how reliable is this witness? Had we lived at the time of a particular event, would we have perceived it in the way described in history books? Let’s look at a well-known incident from the past through the eyes of three female protagonists and listen to each woman’s interpretation ...
Elephants and Gypsies

Elephants and Gypsies

Sometimes we have to face the consequences of youth (a short version of a long story) ...
A Roman Triptych - 1) Calpurnia's Story

A Roman Triptych – 1) Calpurnia’s Story
Picked

Cicero wrote: "History is the witness of the times...." But how reliable is this witness? Had we lived at the time of a particular event, would we have perceived it in the way described in history books? Let's look at a well-known incident from the past through the eyes of three female protagonists and listen to each woman’s interpretation ...
The Publisher

The Publisher

A twist on self-publishing ...
Brodgar

Brodgar

Re-write of a story I posted two years ago for a Fiction challenge I put on here. I think there was only one other entry at the time (thanks Nic)  ...
/ / Fiction / 5 Comments on Brodgar
Possessed by Possession

Possessed by Possession

Just experimenting with an Idea I had several years ago ...
The Great Game. Kabul 1839, 1979

The Great Game. Kabul 1839, 1979

I was in Kabul in 1979, and had to leave by a flight to Istanbul.  But memory is not reliable - hence the 'faction' category ...
Like what you see?

Like what you see?
Picked

A homage to M R James, who had the talent to evoke the uncanny in otherwise ordinary circumstances. And a warning, to not always like what one may see! ...
Before The Pearly Gates

Before The Pearly Gates
Picked

It is as well to have a firm belief of where you are going! (243 words) ...