Just Published

The Inhuman Enemy

The Inhuman Enemy NEW

in another tragic Russian epoch Pic.: free at Pixabay The rest of the intercontinental world would feel less threatened by nuclear ...
Hurricane force twelve.

Hurricane force twelve. NEW

I spent many years at sea, 35 or so. One time we were caught in a force twelve hurricane in ...
The Hollow Men

The Hollow Men

Written after watching a recent Hard Talk programme, and three in the Crimewatch series on BBC. Pic.: no © All shame to ...
Kismet

Kismet

It's the stray dog that followed you home, the vandals that smashed your garden gnome, a lifeguard that gave you ...
The mystery of morning

The mystery of morning

Thick socks fall in loops over ankles   displayed like the slipped towel of a naked back   pushed further down ...
Shaping the future

Shaping the future

We sat opposites at a window table waiting for breakfast after the bed and for me to speak. The anaglypta ...
Watching as Winter makes her entrance

Watching as Winter makes her entrance

We trees swill our auburn brandy in glasses of cut crystal, try to mingle as the party dies down colourful ...
Morning Cigar

Morning Cigar

Verse 1 Morning rain keeps me in bed Last nights beer is banging my head I need to get up ...
Inner Contentment

Inner Contentment

achieved by simply keeping perceptions of life, including whatever it throws at you, in balance! Pic.: my own, it will soon be ...
Have Cake, Eat Cake, Have Cake.

Have Cake, Eat Cake, Have Cake.

I often think of UKAuthors. But I rarely ever visit. I often think about how much writing has meant to ...
Scotland The Brave!

Scotland The Brave!

In the Westminster bubble As an avid follower and somewhat disconnected neutral observer of British and NI politics I have to ...
Understanding

Understanding

life on this earth from death to birth flowing at ease love, to be in love, to be loved, that ...
A Worthy Child

A Worthy Child

tasked with repairing the damage Returning from wilderness, wandering wearily homewards, a little girl ran up and presented me with ...
Digital love

Digital love

Is it possible? Does it work? It depends on what's behind it, if it is supported by the honesty of ...
The only risk

The only risk

How could I possibly let go of such a beautiful relationship, which costs us nothing and allow us only freedom, ...
Equipped To Think

Equipped To Think

Two crucial, mentally androgynous variables. Mother said: gather all as good as you are, embrace those nearest! Father said: be ...
The Larks Sang.

The Larks Sang.

How the Larks sang, as if the very clouds were filled with sunshine. But a grey day, cold, the sun ...
Courtesy

Courtesy

As you remain the only tenant of my dreams, my love flows on incessantly like bleeding wounds of lust and ...
Ice

Ice

It's unavoidable, it's part of life, the ice you have to cross and slid on, often falling, never safe, its ...
A Short Life In Contemplation

A Short Life In Contemplation

'I believe that one place closely explored will yield more than continents passed through.' (From A Stranger At Green Knowe by Lucy ...

ALL >>