Fiction Challenge

Fiction challenges set regularly in the forums

Latest Challenge – 200-word droubble on the theme of ‘Lockdown’.


Two Jailbirds. One Stone.

Two Jailbirds. One Stone.

It’s real quiet. No clanging doors. No clatter of shuffling boots. Been a while since we had total lockdown. Soon we'll start the cell-to-cell search. Took ten seconds to pull Whacky-Will Boulder off Sly Penny, but that’s all he needed ...
THE GAME

THE GAME

Content WARNING!                 PARENTAL GUIDANCE RECOMMENDED ...
Lockdown

Lockdown

[responsivevoice_button voice="US English Female" buttontext="Speak Female"] The new normal created a new economic driver and race, and population control over time – The Zombie. The United Nations ‘UNMZI’ – ‘United Nations Mission Zombie Integration’ and slogan ‘We live off each ...
The Martians Have Landed

The Martians Have Landed

Worrying times. “You look worried. What's troubling you, Watson?” “It is the lockdown, Sir.” “Dammit, man! We are all concerned about it but we have to put up with the inconvenience if we want to get rid of the Covid ...
The Gigolo

The Gigolo

Posing of such magnitude took a great deal of effort.  Paul made it look easy, unstudied even.    The arm draped across the back of the chair; legs crossed at the knee; languid hand, palm down.  But the strain showed  ...
You can't win them all.

You can’t win them all.

A short fantasy that could have happened in our camp in 1946. This is my return to the site after a long absence ...
Survey

Survey

It was my first egress for weeks. I wore a mask, I reeked of hand gel and I kept twice the recommended distance from the next human being on my way to the local shop. That wasn’t an issue once ...
Unmunched Slice of Life

Unmunched Slice of Life

Only one tar-road cuts across village and meets the downhill Nir’s grocery-cum-cottage housed idiosyncratic wife. All knew how his melting body & drudge made two sons as seasoned Manager, Professor, and daughters in well-settled family. Hardships started intensified while all ...