Editor’s Picks

Fluency
Picked

Deja vu. - (Flash fiction, 400 words) ...

Ralph Monkton Lives!
Picked

This is an almost true story, at least eighty five percent factual! ...

No escape
Picked

I closed my eyes to escape the horrific realities; in my dreams, there was this man violating his daughter, cutting his wife into pieces; I jumped out of my bed, didn't dare to drink, thought the water in the glass could be red; The next morning, I drowned myself in stories that painted conceit, horror, defeat; I shut down all of them to open mine; I could neither read, nor breathe. On and off the ...

Pistols at Dawn
Picked

To the bitter end.- (Flash fiction, 350 words) ...

The End of Something
Picked

It was just milliseconds. You turned away from me. A late night biopsy. A slicing separation silence. A vitrification of eyes across a room. A house housed on a fault line. An erosion failure scenario. A storm event. Now, dead decades are malignant memories. At times, moments masquerading as being meaningful, sometimes catch me out. And yet, a quarter of a century later, I saw a woman on my street. And although it could never ...

Fresh Flowers
Picked

Following up on a request. The reading is by my great buddy Alison ...

another honeymoon
Picked

in my dream I woke up in a garden and walked into a painting, silver, golden flowers dancing in the trees, varied colors shapes; with gifted powers I invoked a quiet fragrance in the breeze,  I placed the sun on the topmost branch, from the other side the soft moon was oozing juice that melted like honey, everything looked small, perfect, I was big enough not to get in I wondered why I wouldn't fit ...

ONLY
Picked

How the memories of One's childhood come to mind in a moments reflection on a Summer's day - maybe seventy years later!  Our choir school was housed in a Manor House in Northampton and I moved there with the school as a boarder after it left Bayswater in London. We sang our little hearts out at the adjoining church. Sadly, the paths on which I trod are no longer in existence - as far as ...