Editor’s Picks

Law of energy
Picked

Like the law of gravity there's this law of energy, the former is visible the latter we cannot see both are infallible; the gift of forgiveness energizes, liberates the giver the receiver at times, unaware; to use high-energy words from dawn to dusk is the most sincere task to change our world; gratitude, acceptance to top the list complain, intolerance low-energy words make no sense  to say the least ...

3am
Picked

Outside the road is satin varnished from a billion tiny water bombs. A fading thunderstorm a light show with barely audible bass notes will soon melt into black sky. A rotating publicity hoarding shows off alternating boasts by, ING, Bioform and Carrafour. Their hopeful colours reflect off drenched surfaces penetrating sodium orange monochrome in competition with traffic lights for a slumbering audience's attention.  ...
/ / Poetry / 4 Comments on 3am
Picked

Best Friend
Picked

26 August-International dog day ...

Life Expectancy
Picked

'I sent him bootless home and weather-beaten back' Shakespeare Fictional. Sample Pic.: Peig Sayers, Author & Seanchaí  - d. 1958 When a small boy an old woman who sat in the snug of local pub said to be as 'mad as a hatter' by those who feared her gentleness whispered to me in three huddles: ....mimic animal, bird, and insect noises it'll help you better understand their feelings in different situations.... ...stories and poems about fairies, goblins elves, forest trolls, ...

The necessity of poetry
Picked

They say the highest language of love is poetry In the dreariness of gloom of winter darkness, poverty and misery, amidst depression and despair of dismal memories and apparitions, love is always necessary for a change, no matter of what kind, as long as there is someone else to love than just your own unbearable company. Just let it hurt and ache and give whatever pains and drive you mad and to exhaustion, as long ...

¿Quixote?
Picked

I am as the crazy Don, Cervantes’ clown of La Mancha. I have no pot-bellied servant feeding dry wisdom and caution. No rock to rock me or broken lance to charge with. The Donitas have all lost interest. No honour to be defended. A Quixote ghost chasing windmills across a barren land never knowing which way to face. The North wind blows hard and cold. The South wind hot and unpredictable. Looking West with tearful ...

Of War and Peace
Picked

The Romans used to write Si vis pacem, para bellum perhaps on wax tablets or maybe on fine vellum. It means “if we want peace. we must prepare for war” a phrase the militaries will want to underscore. But it can also be seen as a deliberate pretense to stockpile weapons in the name of defense. I am an ignoramus, I'd like to learn more; can anyone tell me why do we resort to war? ...

Wilderness Way
Picked

resubmitted, inspired by seeing Robson Green walk the Hadrian Wall Path - analogous, but a real walk too – sadly, not attempted anymore, conceding to my limits! I could still do the walk – it’s the recovery time afterwards…! Vast overhead sky is becoming brilliantly iridescent and the feeling is joie de vivre! For, as enduring Nature stimulates latent worlds to start new life, the preordained day to brave this analogic journey Vildmarksleden, the Wilderness ...

Truths Masquerading As Lies
Picked

doodling in the Westminster swamp; where all succeed and all lose! Pic.: my own ...

A Roman Triptych – 1) Calpurnia’s Story
Picked

Cicero wrote: "History is the witness of the times...." But how reliable is this witness? Had we lived at the time of a particular event, would we have perceived it in the way described in history books? Let's look at a well-known incident from the past through the eyes of three female protagonists and listen to each woman’s interpretation ...

Like what you see?
Picked

A homage to M R James, who had the talent to evoke the uncanny in otherwise ordinary circumstances. And a warning, to not always like what one may see! ...

Unforgiven.
Picked

I am no more than yesterday’s echo, less than a whisper in the shadows of your thoughts. You turn your back; leave me to drift forsaken, into the night your cold words piercing sharp as stars in a blackened sky. My careless eye, in darkness failed to see the light it took away ...

Before The Pearly Gates
Picked

It is as well to have a firm belief of where you are going! (243 words) ...