Forum

2020 Cerasus Poetry...
 
Notifications
Clear all

2020 Cerasus Poetry Olympics

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
440 Views
Mandrake
(@mandrake)
Posts: 19
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

The 2020 Cerasus Poetry Olympics is a competition that will run over 6 qualifying heats in July-August 2020.

The competition is open to all who pay the £5 entry fee and submit a batch of 6 poems before the closing date of midnight BST at the end of 30th June 2020.

On payment of the fee, you will be randomly allocated a country name, which will identify you during the course of the competition.

When the competition starts, countries will be placed into random, equal sized groups. The first heat poem from each country’s batch will then compete against the others in their own group.

The winners from each group will then proceed to the 2nd heat, where they will be placed into new qualifying groups. Those who did not win will be eliminated from the competition.

The second poem from each country’s batch will then compete... and so on, until the 6th and final heat.

At the end of the competition, there will be 3 Medal Winners:

The Gold Medal winner will be awarded 50% of the value of the entry fees received. They will also work with Cerasus to have a collection of their poetry published and will receive 10 complimentary copies of the ensuing book.

The Silver Medal winner will be awarded 25% of the value of the entry fees received. They will also work with Cerasus to have a collection of their poetry published and will receive 5 complimentary copies of the ensuing book.

The Bronze Medal winner will work with Cerasus to have a collection of their poetry published and will receive 3 complimentary copies of the ensuing book.

All published books will be made available to buy on Amazon and their authors will be able to purchase further copies at a discounted price.

Please refer to the full rules here: http://cerasuspoetry.com/2020-cerasus-poetry-olympics/

 
Posted : January 1, 2020 5:41 pm
Mandrake
(@mandrake)
Posts: 19
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

The 2020 Cerasus Poetry Olympics ran as scheduled in July and the final results were:

Gold Medal - Mark Kilburn
Silver Medal - Sophie Norton
Bronze Medal - John Gallas
Laurel Wreath - India Halstead

Poetry collections by each of the winners will be published in due course, plus a special souvenir compilation featuring the best poems by all entrants.

 
Posted : September 29, 2020 2:06 pm
Share: