Windows 10  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

@stevef

It is definitely not in the Uninstall section of the control panel.    I can't even find My Files on the new PC, although I know where it is on my other PC.   

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 9:47 am
stevef
(@stevef)
Famed Member

My Computer is now This Computer. It should be That %*@?$& Computer. 🤬 

I cannot stand the W10 desktop navigation; it slows things down rather than speeding them up imo. Change for the sake of change. B**ger being unsupported, I'm staying with W7; I've got some old indispensable programmes that won't run on W10. I'll keep my documents backed up on a W10 laptop.

Signed,

A. Luddite.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 10:14 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Estimable Member

Debug? Thanks Luigi.

Yes, it's trying to apply computer system OSs  to function together with smart phones + trying to get you to use added pay-functions that has complicated desktop navigation. Difficult too, to help someone with a problem on this new W10 desktop layout when not in place to navigate to the files needed, or to use the search function (right click when on bottom left corner) to get for example .exe files, where access is needed to resolve your AP incompatibility problem.

The amount of updates ongoing in W10 takes so much time too, on Macs, updates are far less frequent. 

This post was modified 2 months ago 3 times by Gothicman
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 10:54 am
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

Thanks for replies.     I once used Debug to fix a tablet problem.    sysshield.exe is not in the processes.    Another annoyng thing is that Norton keeps popping up to try and get me to get their anti-virus.    I can't see it in any fo the files, so at the moment, I can't get rid of it.    Most things are working OK, but still preferred Windows 7.    I got Microsoft Word 2000 to install correctly by continually pressing "Ignore" when it came up with an installation error! 😀 Apache Open Office went in without problems.    Avast went in OK  I will probably get a new Adobe Photoshop soon.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 12:56 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

I have been struggling with Windows 10 for about 7 hours today.    Very hard going, and nowhere near good as Windows 7.   I have at last managed to get most of the things I want in it, and installed the printers etc.   A real pain!  

This post was modified 2 months ago by shipbuilder
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2019 5:02 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

Does anyone know how to find a link of the website I am on? how would I find the link?

In my old Windows 7 version, I would right click the mouse button and then select View Page Info, and would be provided with the link.

When I right click on the dreadful Windows 10, it says: Paste, Select all, Print and Read Aloud, none of which is any help!

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 10, 2019 10:55 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Estimable Member

@shipbuilder

You just click on the top line (show web information line shown as a padlock) where it will automatically highlight all the information needed in blue, and, right click, COPY, then you can paste it in where you want it as a link to that page. For example this page is:

https://ukauthors.com/community/weekly-flash-challenge/windows-10/paged/2/#post-8044

Hope this helps.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Gothicman
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 10, 2019 4:52 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

@gothicman

Thanks, but it is all academic now as today, it has lost everything I put in it, files, programs, the lot!   I have not actually lost anything because what I put in came from an external hard drive, and is still safe.    But I have had enough.   I am putting the old Windows 7 PC back, and using that regardless of the ending of support.     I guess if the two new Royal Navy aircraft carriers can fudge along on Windows XP, the Windows 7 version will be safe enough for me!

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 10, 2019 5:54 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Famed Member

Microsoft can't bear to leave things alone. Even if the W10 operating system core  is better, why do they need to change the interface. 🤬  It's NOT user-friendly compared to previous versions; most of my acquaintances say the same. It's easy enough to download look-alike shells for a W7 appearance but the issue is non-compatibility with certain older programmes.

Not many users, me included, will migrate to Linux or Apple so we've got the two choices: stay with W7 and its  *possible* security hazards or bite the Microsoft bullet and lose a lot of useful applications. Me... I've got a good internet security suite so I'll keep on with W7, like you. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 10, 2019 10:18 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: