Picture this  

pronto
(@pronto)

I know I'm not clever with computers but I can usually up-load stuff easily enough. Why then can I not get photos to upload on this site? It does not appear to be intuitive like other sites. Probably it's me but can anyone help a dumb owd man please?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 17, 2017 7:34 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Honorable Member

What do you want to upload - personal photos or stuff on the web? If it's from the web, just right click the image and click 'Copy Image Address. Then just come to your target page and paste it in this dialogue area, like so - 

?1508269878

Personal photos need to be hosted. Forget Photobucket; they're charging now and they've also severed all links with previous posts on the internet, which has ruined many a website that was dependent on images. Ask me how I know... 🙁

I'm using Postimage at the moment but there are plenty of free options. Check Google.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 17, 2017 7:58 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin

Or this:

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 17, 2017 8:10 pm jay12 liked
pronto
(@pronto)

Thank you. I have a picture from the web I want to include with a story due for publication. I'll give it a go. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 17, 2017 9:38 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin

Pronto, when you add your submssion and you want to include an image (or other media - audio, video), you need to add it via the 'add media' button when you submit your writing. See the screenshot below.

Click the 'add media' button and follow the upload instructions when you submit.

https://gyazo.com/5553190fa4f3c74f7f98e066ba526333

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 17, 2017 10:27 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member

Just seeing how to upload an image...... hope this works..... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 1:44 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member

No it didn't. So how do I add an image that displays in the post, anyone? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 1:52 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member

OK... I've worked it out. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 2:18 pm
pronto
(@pronto)

Thank you for the help. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 2:24 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member

I just followed the instructions of stevef. I am thinking about putting together some more "how to's" as requested by Andrea. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Working

Please Login or Register