It's still happenin...

It's still happening!  

RSS
sirat
(@sirat)
Reputable Member

My partner Jean has a fairly ancient Dell desktop running Windows 7. Last night when she shut it down it started doing an automatic download as these things do. But this time when she looked at the screen it said 'Downloading Windows 10'! Naturally she stopped the download at once with the power on/off switch.

What is it with these people? Why does Microsoft want everybody in the universe to install Windows 10? There must be a reason, and I suspect it's because it makes it easier for them to harvest browsing information and the like and send you targeted pop-up ads and spam. Why else would they care so much and do so much bullying?

Posted : August 16, 2017 7:48 am
stevef
(@stevef)
Noble Member

Strange... I thought the free Microsoft W10 cut-off point was last July! I accepted it on my laptop last year but had to go into the registry to stop them trying to download onto my W7 desktop PC. 

There are ways to disable the W10 Microsoft snooping, even after the options are accepted on installation, but I've got my doubts that all the corners get cleared out.

Can't say as I'm comfortable with W10 (we run it at work); the W7 interface is much more user-friendly as far as I'm concerned. No doubt it's as natural to eight-year-olds as PlayStation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2017 8:37 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Noble Member
Share: