Epson ET-2550 print...

Epson ET-2550 printer problem  

RSS
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

Epson ET-2550 Printer.
At the end of printing a page, it lets out a shriek, and then displays:
error code 0xEA It then has to be switched off for a miniute or two. when turned on again, it will print one page, followed by the shriek and the error code again.

Anyone any idea what has gone wrong, and how to fix it please?
Bob

Posted : November 1, 2017 1:56 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Noble Member

I found this explanation on the web:
"The error codes relate to an obstruction, paper jam or carriage fault within the printer. We have seen some success with this issue by following these instructions. Please try this procedure using the instructions below:

• Turn the printer off, then disconnect the power and USB cable if connected.
  • Open the printer cover and check for any torn or jammed paper and remove it.
  • Reconnect the power cable and turn the printer back on.
  • Press the Copy button and see if the unit responds.

Note: Also check that the ink cartridges are installed correctly and pushed down fully.

If the printer is displaying the error code when initially setting up from new, please check that all transit tape or foam blocks have been removed from inside the printer.

These items prevent any movement of the printers internal parts during transit but can be quite easy to miss when setting up your printer. Any left inside the printer will likely prevent correct use and will usually result in an error message.

If the issue persists, the carriage or print head could be faulty and may require service."

Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2017 2:19 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

The first thing I did when it went wrong was to look on Google and find the above.    No results though, and there is nothing stuck in it.   It is just over a year old now, and no problems until today.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2017 3:01 pm
sirat
(@sirat)
Reputable Member

At the risk of stating the obvious, you don't always see things that get stuck in printers. I don't know the ET-2550, but the older Epson printers all have a removable bottom panel that allows you to remove bits of paper etc. that get caught in the mechanism there out of sight and cause the kind of problem you're talking about. It's worth turning it upside down and having a poke around.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 30, 2017 10:59 am
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

It went into the bin weeks ago! ?     However, before putting it there, I deceided to open it up and have a good look inside using whatever methods I could.    I quickly gave up trying to open it by conventional means and resorted to smashing it open with a five-pound hammer.   Once inside, I could see there was nothing jammed in it anywhere.    Also, I still could not see how they put it together.   There were no hidden screws or catches.   It seemed to be welded into a single piece after they put the works in it!    Earlier Epsons, as you said, had a bottom panel that could be removed, but this one did not.   Probably because it had large ink tanks, and could not be turned upside down anyway.    I had to separate them first, before I even got into the main body, and that was no easy task either.     The end result was that I got a Brother J480DW for about £100.     It is working perfectly, and takes compatible cartridges without problems.    I am now thinking about getting refillable ones for it, now that I know it is OK.     It even has a scan to OCR facility, that is very useful.     I will never gain purchase an Epson printer, although I have had them for years, and found them excellent.     They have gone to extraordinary lengths to stop users putting compatibles in them, or even opening them up, whilst at the same time, ripping folk off with expensive ink cartridges.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 30, 2017 1:17 pm
sambillings553
(@sambillings553)

It is the most common error in Epson Printer. It occurs when the carriage caddy is jammed due to the packaging material being stuck, or if the cartridges are not seated properly. If you are facing any error while using Lexmark Printer then click here Lexmark Support to know the solution of your Lexmark Printer related problem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2018 11:37 am
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Estimable Member

It wasn't jammed by anything as I found after I broke it open prior to taking it to the tip.    I am finished with Epson now.    I got  a Brother MFC-J480DW and it has been functioning without problems for about 11 months now.    It is extremely cost-effective on ink, and I get 4 compatible cartridges locally for £18.   They last about four months.      Print quality excellent, scans to OCR, reduce/enlarge range 25% to 400%.     Best printer I have ever had!

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2018 12:25 pm
Share:
Scroll Up

Please Login or Register