Latest Book  

RSS
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Trusted Member

My latest book: Miniature Sailing Ship Construction British Barque Gulf Stream, was published on the 28th October last.   Self published with a first print run of 46 copies.   There are now only 23 left!   Mainly sold through Facebook and a model shipbuilding forum as well as four on Ebay..     Against my better judgement, I put an ISBN number on this one so the ALCS could collect library fees on my behalf.     The expected hapenned - Amazon are now advertising them, but saying they are not in stock, and they don't know when they will be!      I expect that very soon loads of booksellers throughout the world will be doing the same.    Very annoying, as they really have no intention of ever stocking them!    Here is the Amazon listing..    Amazon link

Bob

This topic was modified 3 days ago by shipbuilder
Posted : November 8, 2019 9:40 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Trusted Member

I see taht Watersones are advertisng it now, no doubt because of the ISBN number.      I doubt if they have the slightest intention of stocking it.   ISBN numbers can ba a "pain"       Here is the waterstones link: https://www.waterstones.com/book/miniature-sailing-ship-construction-british-barque-gulf-stream/robert-wilson/9780957158320

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2019 4:56 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Prominent Member

@shipbuilder

At least they say:  We can order this
Usually dispatched within 3 weeks

Wait and see, you never know. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2019 5:33 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Trusted Member

@ionicus

Thanks.   The last time this hapenned, Amazon did indeed want to purchase some, but they wanted about 55% discount on the selling price, and me to pay the postage! 🤣    Totally unrealistic.    I expect in not very long, dozens and dozens of booksellers all over the world will be doing the same! 😑    I only registered it with Neilsons about three days ago, so was very surprised to see it appear so quickly!    

Bob

This post was modified 1 day ago by shipbuilder
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Share: