2019 Growing Season

2019 Growing Season  

RSS
jay12
(@jay12)
Trusted Member

*** Blows dust off The Happy Horticulturist forum section *** 

You may or may not know (or care) that I'm a keen gardener and grower of vegetables. 

I was just wondering if any one else was so inclined and what maybe you are growing this year. I'm also happy to offer or accept help and advice, I'm no professional but I've been growing food and flowers for over 15 years. 

Posted : June 17, 2019 4:10 pm
Elfstone
(@elfstone)
Eminent Member

I have been getting to grips with my garden – not easy at my age.  All of my life I have 'inherited' messy or neglected gardens with the houses I've bought, meaning a great deal of heavy work to get them to the point where they become useful and productive.  

This year I bought a little 'grow house', one of those plastic covered (sorry!) frames, in place of the greenhouse I had hoped to have in place by now (long story ☹️ ).  I planted peas, runner beans and broad beans and also three tomato plants in a growbag.  All germinated very well and are mostly growing on well, but we have had pretty awful weather for the last month; cold and wet.  June was a wash-out other than one weekend a week past when the temperature suddenly soared to 80+ degrees.  The peas haven't done well and I don't think I'll get much from them.  Still it's been fun. 😀 

What are you growing Jay12?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 8:53 pm
Share: