WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DESIGN ME A COVER?  

RSS

SimonLeigh
Eminent Member

SimonLeigh's
Writing
November 13, 2017 7:08 pm  

It's for WASP IN A BLACK BOX by Simon Leigh.  It just needs a city at night completely blacked out, no light except a full moon. Title in Yellow. Something like that.

https://payhip.com/b/49Li

ReplyQuote
shywolf
Trusted Member

shywolf's
Writing
November 14, 2017 2:18 am  

Here's a rough draft (I will need the dimensions for the final product):

Instead of trying to undo the biting of the old apple/I bite a new one instead/And with a toothless grin/Become a Dionysian among Christians.

ReplyQuote
SimonLeigh
Eminent Member

SimonLeigh's
Writing
November 14, 2017 1:21 pm  

Wow! You are an amazing man, Shywolf. It's perfect but maybe a more futuristic, computer-generated font for the title and my name? Readable but a bit less friendly?

Minimum image width is 660 pixels.

Edited: 1 week  ago

ReplyQuote
SimonLeigh
Eminent Member

SimonLeigh's
Writing
November 15, 2017 12:17 pm  

Dimensions? The other two covers just looked like book covers and Payhip accepted them straight away. In other words Dunno. It occurs to me that if when you're turning the cover from landscape to portrait, if you find you've got lots of black space at the bottom, that could be Lake Ontario, the view seen from Toronto Islands (which are in the story). Black water with perhaps a beam of moonlight across it? Or am I getting carried away?

Edited: 1 week  ago

ReplyQuote
shywolf
Trusted Member

shywolf's
Writing
November 16, 2017 3:29 am  

Here's a little more 'futuristic' look:

Dimensions: 600 x 700 pixels.  Font: LCD. 

Instead of trying to undo the biting of the old apple/I bite a new one instead/And with a toothless grin/Become a Dionysian among Christians.

ReplyQuote
SimonLeigh
Eminent Member

SimonLeigh's
Writing
November 16, 2017 12:42 pm  

Thanks, mate. That's what I asked for. However, after careful consideration, i.e. long discussion with the wife, we've decided that the first version is so beautiful and intriguing that that's the one we want, please.  Cropped a little on both sides but no other changes. You did a superb job and I owe you one. Or two.

ReplyQuote
shywolf
Trusted Member

shywolf's
Writing
November 17, 2017 3:02 am  

Here you go, cropped to a width of 660 pixels:

Its box-like shape is congruous with your title.  If you'd like more or less cropping, let me know.

ReplyQuote
SimonLeigh
Eminent Member

SimonLeigh's
Writing
November 17, 2017 12:38 pm  

Perfecto! Could you send it to me please so I can upload it to Payhip and start the sales juggernaut rolling? And the first one too (I have a wife.)

Edited: 6 days  ago

ReplyQuote
shywolf
Trusted Member

shywolf's
Writing
November 19, 2017 1:31 am  

I'll need your email address, mate.  Or you could simply mouse over the image(s) here in this thread, left click, and select 'Save Image As'. 

ReplyQuote
SimonLeigh
Eminent Member

SimonLeigh's
Writing
November 19, 2017 1:36 pm  

Good grief! That actually worked! I right clicked, hit Save Picture As and voila! it showed up in my PHOTOS album. I'm really grateful, mate. How can I replay you?

ReplyQuote
shywolf
Trusted Member

shywolf's
Writing
November 20, 2017 1:46 am  

Buy me a beer at my favourite Toronto watering hole 😉

ReplyQuote
SimonLeigh
Eminent Member

SimonLeigh's
Writing
November 20, 2017 3:51 pm  

As luck would have it, I have a season's ticket to Zanzibar, but their single-malt Scotch is not up to your standards. The girls are, some of them. You'll love their dance to this tune:

Seriousmong, I want to buy you a single-malt scotch or two. Your cover is very good.

Edited: 3 days  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register