https://payhip.com/dashboard

https://payhip.com/b/49Li

Edited: 2 months  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2017 2:42 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Trusted Member

A bit drastic, making them free!   Why not just delete them, its easy enough?

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2017 6:40 pm
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Eminent Member

I know how to delete, but I don't think it would increase my readership much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2017 9:14 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Trusted Member

I have two or three free downloads on Payhip, containing adverts for the paid ones, and they are quite effective.    My last e-book, From Good Hope to St Helena, that I put on on the 13th, has been viewed 533 times, but has only brought in seven sales, but the total Payhip sales for last week were £40, which is quite good!     I find my most successful Payhips are about 16 pages in length, and well-illustrated, and they sell for £1.49 each, less than the price of a cup of coffee!   I can produce them quickly, and they have become very popular, as the page numbers run consecutively, and each one has an updated cumulative index in it.    I produce approximately one a month.     Quite often, someone will get the latest, and after reading the index, purchase all the earlier ones!

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2017 6:48 am
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Eminent Member

Congratulations, shipbuilder, and thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't seem to write books that anyone wants to read. After hundreds of views I've sold 8 free, and have been told by 3 friends that they're planning to read WASP IN A BLACK BOX sometime, though nobody has. We struggle on!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2017 8:30 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Trusted Member

I took £17 today on Payhip, and that pushed me over the £2,000 mark.    This month's Payhip total is £90.      I only write non-fiction though!     Sometimes I go a few days with nothing, and then have a run on sales.   I advertise on my website, Facebook and some forums.     It is Facebook that brings most customers, but a lot of folk will not have anything to do with Facebook.   I was a bit wary at first, but have never had any problems with them in just over a year.          

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2017 9:23 pm
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Eminent Member

Thanks, Shipbuilder. I advertised on Facebook and emailed everyone on my contacts list (I play in 3 bands), "sold" 8  and got one response, from my sister who said she won't read it because real life is depressing enough. My UKA book WILD WOMEN sold surprisingly well, once my ski racing coach started telling all her women friends that it's "a dirty book," Which it is, I guess. Everything I write is.

I just put WILD WOMEN on Payhip at the high price of $2.00 and await developments.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 5:57 pm
shipbuilder
(@shipbuilder)
Trusted Member

Are you able to charge now on Payhip?    As you say, you may just not be writing books that people want to read, so maybe try a change.    Today, my Payhip sales have come up to a total of £98 for this month, so I am hoping it will go over the 100 tomorrow.   

Bob 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Working

Please Login or Register