Yahoo mail weirdnes...

Yahoo mail weirdness  

RSS
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Eminent Member

Hi Shy! I downloaded the updated Yahoo email, the only one left, and it's gone strange. I can't scroll down to read an article because it keeps jumping back to the top. And I can't print an email without a huge (full-page) cross and a huge  printer icon printing first. Not that I'm bitter...

Posted : August 31, 2017 2:02 am
shywolf
(@shywolf)
Trusted Member

Hi mate!  My mum recently had problems with her Yahoo email account.  It's all sorted now, but I gently steered her toward gmail.  It's free, but also more secure, easier to navigate, and isn't as poorly designed (in my opinion).  You're probably loathe to switch now that you've become more or less accustomed to Yahoo, but if you feel daring, try setting up a gmail account and use it on a trial basis.  Creating another account won't affect your Yahoo, and if gmail just isn't for you, simply delete or stop using it.

How to setup a gmail account:  http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Gmail-Account

How to add a gmail account to Windows Mail:  http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/how-do-i-add-my-existing-gmail-account-to-windows-mail/

PS - I wouldn't blame you if you were bitter...I tried setting up an addon account to my mum's main account, followed their (Yahoo's) directions to a 't' and couldn't find the option link they specifically pointed to in their help page.  What an exercise in futility and frustration that was.  Even their help forums are littered with a lot of posts by angry and disappointed users, and had nothing to offer but repeating their instructions on their help page.

Instead of trying to undo the biting of the old apple/I bite a new one instead/And with a toothless grin/Become a Dionysian among Christians.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2017 3:37 am
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Eminent Member

Thanks, mate. Yahoo must go! I can then spend my declining years emailing everyone and everything that my new address is simonleigh73354@Gmail  Or maybe leanedbackwardswithaliplessgrin @Gmail

We live in interesting times.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2017 1:59 pm
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Eminent Member

AHA! I found how to return to Yahoo classic and did. All problems solved. It asked me why, so I said sentimental reasons.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2017 2:41 pm
Share: