New Challenge: Inte...

New Challenge: Interactive Haiku  

RSS
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

My challenge is really difficult this time...

write three interlinked haikus this is AN INTERACTIVE HAIKU CHALLENGE

http://www.anotherkindofpoetry.org.uk/anotherkind/?interactive

"Sets" of freestanding haiku connected by a theme, and "series" of haiku that are interlinked and not able to stand on their own

I set a challenge but I look forward to other people's challenges too, it does not mean that my challenge will be the only poetry challenge on uka.

the deadline: 11/12/2017 - 

I plead not ordinary

Posted : November 28, 2017 1:56 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

December Mission – Three linked Haiku

new deadline 18/ 12 / 17

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2017 9:35 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

ifyouplease has let me know she has fallen ill and likely won't be able to participate/fulfill her role for this challenge.  Know it's a really busy time for all of us right now, but do hope some out there can muster up time and courage to take a shot at this. 

I used to be one of those who shied from these challenges and blocked on writing to a deadline. What I more recently discovered is that the process actually stimulates creativity in me and that was a wonderful development. I was hardly writing at all, before.  One of my challenge poems made it into the anthology, too.  🙂 

A reminder: the deadline for publication is December 18, the purpose, to support and interact with other participants in offering feedback on the poetry produced.  I personally think it best to stick to publication on the given date so we all stay on the same page.  Remember to place entries in the poetry challenge category.  Now I'd better put my left hand to pen and join brave ellie on a very bare limb out there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2017 6:13 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

thanks Shelagh, yeah not feeling well enough, but I am going to try and write something. If I fail I failed, that's two failures in a week, couldn't write the next part of my story and cannot write so far three interlinked haiku. 

you can always start a new challenge-- this one is going to end very soon, it would be good for the community to have a new one. no need to cancel. 

thanks again.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2017 12:56 am
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Hey, it's good to see you are well enough to calm me when I'm suffering a panic attack!  You know how much the poetry challenge means to me these days, but I was mostly concerned for Ellie,  recently new UKA member and an inventive, interesting writer who is posting her first poem ever to this challenge. I didn't want to let her down. Look how many members fall away when there is little or no response to their submissions.    I have messaged her on how to move her poem from the challenge to the larger stage on here, if  no other entrants appear.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2017 4:48 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I managed to write something and submit an interactive set of haiku. 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2017 11:24 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Unfortunately, Ellie decided to act immediately on the idea of moving her poem from the challenge so that leaves you, IYP, hanging out there on your own! Sorry about intervening and causing this. 🙁 From what you told me in your PM, though,  I never thought you'd show up so I just tried to salvage what I could of your challenge. Especially, as I've said, for Ellie's sake. 

I'm still in the middle of my crisis but the contractor has taken a break and will be back later.  I'm about to post a challenge. Will aim for giving feedback on your entry  and Ellie's absconded-from-the challenge-effort but later, later.  Likely not today. Peace! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 18, 2017 6:52 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

why do you mention the pms? you sent me one i replied we said some things told you at some point that I must focus on my health and good luck with future challenges or something like that, I never said that I wanted to cancel. Bear in mind that I am a person with poor health lately and I don't feel I have to say more than just that to someone, "I don't feel well" and the mindset of a person who is ill is quite fragile and volatile, moody perhaps. one day that person feels a bit better it's time for celebration when that person feels shit again sadness is bigger than when it all started. 

I am glad I wrote something that means I've felt well enough to write, this is good news for me, I saw that writing can still make me feel better, and able to face life's difficulties. 

Ellieg shouldn't have removed the poem from the poetry challenge because of you or me or anyone, this challenge belongs to UKA and UKAmembers, it belongs to her or him don't know the gender sorry, at the same time since it was created by me I feel responsible only for anything that has to do with making clear what the challenge is about and if people followed the simple rules.

In my opinion you jumped into conclusions and acted in haste.

Moreover, seeing me as "hanging out there on my own" rest assured I have absolutely no problem and I do not feel like that all. 

you do not need to apologize, and I do not have to explain anything else.

I will try to write something for your challenge.

Namaste

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 18, 2017 10:21 pm
ellieg
(@ellieg)

I left it in both sections Bel. I wasn't absconding, just following advice. If this is not allowed, I'm sorry. I plead new girl ignorance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2018 3:36 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Ellie, water under the bridge and it was MY advice you were following in moving your work, anyway! No fault of yours. Did see later on that your poem WAS in both places!  Good trick, that!  🙂 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2018 7:49 pm
ellieg
(@ellieg)

It seemed the logical thing to do, but wasn't sure if it was permitted. 🙂

I do hate the idea that I'm causing trouble between other members though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2018 10:30 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

no trouble, Ellie! and you'd better get rid of any idea you hate especially regarding your decisions that have to do with this challenge of mine and your contribution. 

do not worry.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2018 9:21 am
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

I do hate the idea that I'm causing trouble between other members though...

I am quite accomplished at causing my own trouble with others, Ellie!   But no fisticuffs over you, verbal or otherwise, private or public from me, rest assured.  There are differences of opinion over how to do the challenge, yes, but nothing that can't be resolved by talking things out.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2018 4:16 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

there was one misunderstanding which is not of my interest or business to solve or fathom its in my humble opinion mysterious occurrence that had to do with the cancellation of this challenge of mine, which made me pop online and clarify the challenge was still 'active' and 'valid' until the deadline... and all this took place during a very unhealthy period of time for me.

still trying to feel better, I have nothing else to say about all this - really

happy writing you two, looking forward to seeing you write for challenges and set your own! 

can a moderator please close this topic and remove the link from the front page? the challenge is over there IS a new poetry challenge and the new link should be used instead. thanks.

Namaste

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2018 6:29 pm
Share: