Let's write a Haibu...

Let's write a Haibun that contains the word VERITAS.  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

prose section is not ready yet, haiku is

Truth evades poet

Deception becomes haiku

Naked Veritas

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2017 3:08 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

FAIL. 

thanks

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2017 3:08 pm
shywolf
(@shywolf)
Trusted Member

Where do we post, here on this thread, or on the main submission page?

Instead of trying to undo the biting of the old apple/I bite a new one instead/And with a toothless grin/Become a Dionysian among Christians.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2017 2:48 am
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Trusted Member

on the thread, here ... 🙂

As Luigi points out below, this advice was wrong. Belated apologies.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2017 2:46 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Prominent Member

Wrong.

"Anyone can invite others to write poems in any way the setter chooses (theme, form, etc.) Responses to the challenge are posted as submissions on a date set by the challenger. Go ahead and try setting a challenge or writing a poem which meets the  conditions set."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2017 3:09 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

close the topic please, nobody will participate, my challenge was a failure, even I failed to write a complete haibun within the deadline.

I look forward to other people's challenges and hopefully there will be soon.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2017 12:27 am
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Please don't be hurt by my refusal to participate in your challenge, iyp.  I was dismayed by what seemed like all the falling back to original rules which I never liked, personally.

You didn't fail. The site has been like a ship with no rudder in recent weeks, it seems to me.  It's not clear who the captain is anymore, and I think people are becoming uncomfortable and estranged because of that. But there are new members who might enjoy taking a shot at this.  I'm glad you were brave enough to try reviving interest in this particular thread.  Take heart!   

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 12, 2017 9:15 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

even I failed. because of the great prose section which was very difficult to be good enough for the haiku I wrote.

it is very embarrassing when yourself fails in front of others with something as specific and seemingly an easy task as his own choice... so hopefully I won't fail again when I write a poem for another person's challenge. (but I will have an excuse this time, it was not my choice.)

*hangs head in inexcusable shame*

the site is in my opinion okay, other things have changed, the whole internet is like an episode of the twillight zone.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2017 6:14 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

It's true, I think, that the challenge you set was a difficult stretch for anyone. That's probably one reason no-one responded.  I know what it must feel like when you 'fail' at your own challenge! Yes, pretty embarrassing, but what the heck. Don't feel so ashamed. You haven't committed a crime, major or minor!

The current savvi challenge is turning out to be a hard one too. There's no way I can write something to fit the bill at this point. I'm what you would call a very sloooow worker with blood, sweat and tears ( called constant rewrites/revision) thrown into the mix! 🙂 🙂    

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2017 6:53 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I had a cunning idea for Savvi's challenge! phewww

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2017 7:06 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Yes, I see your entry! Intriguing twist! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2017 8:35 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

will post for Nature now it is ready

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2017 2:51 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

what happened? no posts by Belcanto no pic! 

that's sad! 🙁 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2017 2:53 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: