Brand new challenge...

Brand new challenge for the bold poets of UKA!! CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Trusted Member

Knowing of Shelagh's interest in detailed critiquing and workshop ping, and the value that has,  surely bringing a published poem into this forum and discussing it further would satisfy both demands? In other words it would not be either/or but both. The danger is of course that it could suck away good info from general view of all members and restrict it to a forum which many would not visit. But I'm sure the poetry challengers can categorise the type and depth of critique and choose appropriately.

A thought. 😊

JohnG 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2017 8:19 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

Rich Mince Pies (poetry challenge)

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2017 1:09 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

Challenge Poem Verbless winter: Brute

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2017 1:46 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Prominent Member

Don't forget Gothicman's 'Rich Mince Pies'.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2017 1:52 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

yeah I thought I had included it but I see a duplicate link up there.... thanks!

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2017 1:58 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

oh dear, it seems that when you edit a post it automatically saves your last changes and and now I got a reply with one link instead of four. 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2017 2:05 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

On Winter Nights (Poetry challenge)

https://ukauthors.com/2017/10/20/winter-of-content/

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2017 2:08 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

I've added a poetry (and fiction) challenge category for when you submit to the challenge. Any subs placed in the 'challenge' category will still be shown in the latest pages and on the Front Page.

I've moved the poetry challenge submissions that were published today (20th Fri) but please check your own submissions to make sure they are in the category you want.

ta

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2017 2:12 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

Challenge's deadline is November 26

just a reminder

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2017 12:01 am
RLW
 RLW
(@rlw)

I did also write a version of mine with all the determiners removed, apart from one line, but couldn't decide which read better....if anyone wants to give their opinion? 

Empty field,

yellow stain,

sharp-edged stone

in corpse of moon.

Knife of snarl,

a gasp: a yield,

blue of bruise

from winter brute.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2017 6:39 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Prominent Member

Yes, RLW, I much prefer this punchier version.

Best, Luigi

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2017 11:30 am
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Wow!!  Have you all noticed how many reads we're getting on the latest poetry challenge entries : They're humongous!  At last perusal it's 392 for Shy while RWL's number of 345 is in hot pursuit!  Meanwhile Ionicus and I (mine private) are idling in the 200 range with me at 272 and he at 239. Goth's is also private so we can't tell, only surmise, but I'd bet he's at least well into the 200's as well.

For just a week or so on, these seem like very big numbers to me and all down to ifyouplease's particular challenge and enthusiastic promotional tactics! So congratulations iyp - and where the heck are you, anyway? Working on your own entry, perhaps?  Hope you're okay.  Hurry back so we can  all celebrate this successful revival of the challenge!  🙂   

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2017 7:33 pm
ukadmin liked
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Been doing a lot of tweeting too so that might have helped the reads.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2017 7:41 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Thanks for that, Richard. 🙂  I was using twitter extensively to promote UKA writers' work, even while not leaving comments for quite a long time.  Have neglected lately.  Must get back to it.  

You are to be congratulated for creating the Fiction Challenge!  It's going like wildfire, and look at all the prose writers coming out of the woodwork.  Great move, Maestro!  🙂 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2017 6:14 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

hi and I am glad there are new submissions, I have been writing yes and reading mostly offline, I will add any new submissions later today, I mean links here. 

the challenge is not over

feel free as I have already said to start a new one 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2017 11:41 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: