Voting For 2017/18 ...

Voting For 2017/18 Anthology, Voices, From The Web’ Now Open!  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Please send your votes (preferably 3 prose and 3 poetry) to webmaster@ukauthors.com with either ‘Anthology prose (or poetry)’ in the subject bar, and links to the pieces in the body of the email. Voting open from 15th May to 15th June.

Click HERE to see all nominations.

Voting closes 15th June 2018

UKA webmaster

Posted : May 17, 2017 9:28 pm
sirat
(@sirat)
Reputable Member

Hello Andrea. I know I already voted before the re-jigs, but I didn't keep a record of what I voted for or how many of my votes i used up. Do you have a record or are we starting fresh?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2017 2:09 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Noble Member

I asked the following question two days ago in the 'Discuss UKA' forum but there was no answer:

Are the UKA Archive 2017/18 Anth. Noms. excluded?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2017 11:43 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Here's the page for the UKArchive nominations lists.

Click HERE to see the UKArchive Nominations list.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2017 9:41 pm
sirat
(@sirat)
Reputable Member

Hello Andrea. Any chance you could answer the question I asked three posts up? I know I voted when the voting opened originally, before all the re-launchings, but I don't know whether or not those votes still stand, or, to be honest, what stories I voted for or how many votes I used up. I'm guessing that you do plan on starting again, but do we all start with six new votes or what?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2017 10:07 am
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Trusted Member

Andrea has asked me to try to respond to the above. 

David, I would treat this as a fresh start. Simply follow the the current guidelines. 

Bel, you can negotiate the list in any way that suits you. I expect different people will approach it differently 

I will check what can be done with the list, as I can see your point. The problem is the amount of work Andrea has to do. I will see if I can help out. I not promising  anything but I will try. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2017 10:27 pm
sirat
(@sirat)
Reputable Member

It has already been let go for one year Shelagh. What we're looking at now is two years worth of nominations. In fact there weren't all that many stories nominated in 2016 but loads of poems. If we let it go another year we're going to end up with a completely unmanageable amount of material, especially on the poetry side. We almost have already.

My suggestion would be not to focus on who the writer was but just take a look at each story or poem and maybe give it some kind of score out of ten. You will hopefully end up with very few nines or tens and these will be your votes. That's the way I intend to do it anyway. Still a great deal of work I know but fairer in a way. You're voting for the story and not the author.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2017 11:44 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Noble Member

What Shelagh was referring to was the nomination list which is not by author in alphabetical order, not the voting procedure. She said: "Why can't we have all the nominations of each author grouped together?"
She then added that if Richard could not effect that particular change now then the task could be postponed for another year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 23, 2017 9:01 am
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Trusted Member

As I said, I have asked Richard what can be done, and he is looking at it 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 23, 2017 12:04 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Noble Member

Yes John, we know what you said. We have read your previous post. My post was in reply to David's comment which seemed to imply that Shelagh had asked for the anthology to be postponed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 23, 2017 12:49 pm
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Trusted Member

Shelagh. Richard is looking at an automatic sort to achieve what you asked for. Looking at the list though, I doubt it can be done (we shall no doubt hear if it can. The alternative is a manual sort, which neither Richard nor Andrea have time for. I have said I will do it if he wishes as I think it would be preferable 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 24, 2017 5:34 pm
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Trusted Member

I have to do that for the anthology contents list, which is somewhat easier. It involves moving the authors name to the beginning of the title, then using an automatic sort. But I'm waiting and hoping Richard can do. 

I really don't understand your additional comment. I was answering your query specifically. Previously there had been some confusion over whose post was being replied to. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2017 4:54 pm
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Trusted Member

Right, after many hours of boring repetitive work and a couple of days of illness, I sent the revised list to Richard today for posting. All by alphabetical author name, and I also merged the recent and archives noms lists, so there is now one  complete list of noms. Hoping it's not too late for some. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 30, 2017 6:57 pm
sirat
(@sirat)
Reputable Member

Thanks John. Can we please have a link to the new combined list? If you go to the strip about voting at the  top of the front page it still takes you to the two separate lists, neither of them alphabetical, as before.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 30, 2017 7:51 pm
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Trusted Member

I don't think richard's implemented the new list yet, I'll update the thread when I it's done. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2017 9:23 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: