Page 3 / 3
  RSS
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
Posted by: ionicus
Posted by: gee
Hi Belcanto, it's at the bottom of this page. There's a link to UKAPress, Copyright Notice and then T & C (terms and conditions) . I think quite a few links still go to old pages that no longer exist because they are on the WABD site. As for the ones Ionicus posted today, only one worked for me and the other two were not found. 

I have found the T &C you mention, Gee, and am somewhat confused.
First of of all it is headed NEW ACCOUNT. Don't these terms apply to established accounts?
Secondly, it says that they were (revised March 2017). How do they differ from the original T&C and were the changes explained to the members?
Further on it is stated: "You agree that the webmaster & editor(s) of this website have the right to move or close any submission or comment at any time should they see fit." Fair enough but don't the membershave the right to know the reasons or is it a unilateral decision?
Finally: "You agree that these terms and conditions may change from time to time." Again, transparency as to why the changes are made is needed.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand these Terms and Conditions?

Hi Luigi, I think the terms and conditions are there to be read by people joining the site for the first time so they know what they're agreeing to, but you have a point when you say about them being revised. There are a few other places I've signed up with send emails to inform members when the terms and conditions change.

Was it in March that the site changed back to UKA again, because it might have something to do with that, but only admin can really clear that up. 

When I've been on other sites and forums and things have been removed or shut down, there's always been an explanation given so that other people don't repeat the offence. Although I understand that posts can be removed if they are offensive, some kind of detail needs to be given, in my opinion, so that others are warned. Obviously, this again is up to admin but I feel the lack of it can be confusing for everyone on site.

I think it does need to be brought to the attention of members if there are changes to the T & C but I'm wondering if, in this case, it wasn't that they changed, but that the date had to be in line with when the site moved back. Again, perhaps admin would be kind enough to confirm?

Hi Belcanto,

FIrst of all, yes, it would be wonderful if things have been worked out but we can only keep fingers crossed and wait and see. 

Well, some links haven't worked but there's a great deal of work to adjust the coding after the move back and it's easy for things to be missed. I know some that haven't worked are going to the right place now though, so I think Richard is sorting things out for us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2017 10:49 am
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

'...When Gothicman was barred, he asked Andrea for all his comments and submissions to be deleted . Later he said he wanted to retrieve his work, so as I understand it Richard is trying to do that...' e-griff.

I'd just like to say that, as it turned out, they had been already deleted, albeit inadvertently. What happened was, that when the 'offensive' (quotes because, being away, I didn't actually read them) were removed, ALL Trevor's work, along with comments etc were removed, since the forums on this site are integrated with the main site, unlike on the old UKA. I had no idea that would happen (if I'd thought about it at all) - no-one did. However, I do agree that it's unethical to remove anyone's work without warning, even by accident, since they might not have back-ups. So for that I accept responsibility (as the Boss :)) and do offer my sincere apologies to Trevor.

On a lighter note, Richard is working hard behind the scenes to get Trevor's work back up on site, and we're confident that he can do it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2017 4:34 pm
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

I knew Andrea would get it sorted out. Good to see you back, Gothicman.

I'm just wondering if there's anything the members here can do to help Richard test links of something? It has to be so much work for him to do. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2017 5:19 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: