Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ImSJ

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
1,180 Views
ImSJ
 ImSJ
(@imsj)
Posts: 2
New Member
Topic starter
 

Hello ladies and gentlemen.  I'm an occasional submitter and reader of this site.  I live in the US and have most often been on Writer's Cafe there.  I have to say that I have had many, many more views of the work I've submitted to this site yet few comments.  Maybe most feel unqualified, as I do, to post commentary on another's work?  Hmmm, don't know.  Thank you for letting me join your group.  I look forward to reading more of the work here.

 
Posted : August 20, 2019 1:28 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

Hi ImSJ, welcome. As no one has as yet answered your query let me offer my opinion. There can be many reasons why people don't comment. The most obvious is the one you have mentioned, that some people don't feel qualified. They may be too shy to give their views or they don't like the submission and aren't brave enough to give a negative appraisal. The appeal of the genre is also important; science fiction has its own devotees but not universally popular and will only be appreciated by fans of that kind of literature and the same is true of every genre. Poets don't always read prose and vice versa prose writers don't necessarily follow poetry. In time you'll be able to identify the likes and dislikes of your fellow writers on this site. 
Best wishes.

 
Posted : August 29, 2019 4:00 pm
ImSJ
 ImSJ
(@imsj)
Posts: 2
New Member
Topic starter
 

@ionicus

Thank you for the comments, sir.  I should take up my courage and discretion and attempt a few criticisms or plain comments to folks.  I think it is a common fear that the wrong comments even made with good intentions might be hurtful.  I suppose that like many other things, practice makes perfect.  Cheers!

 
Posted : August 29, 2019 4:14 pm
Share: