Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Hello Peeps.

13 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
3,210 Views
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

 Hello, I'm Chrissy well I used to be Chrissy and then when I re-joined the site after it changed, I morphed in to the mutant known as Chrissytotoro. I don't mind I love anything studio Gibli.

I first joined UKA in 2003 which is an awfully long time past but I haven't subbed anything since 2011, when I had to become a sole carer for my husband. Sadly he died in October 2014 just eight days before his 90th birthday.

I'm still a writer though for the moment my working vocabulary is limited to fetch! Come by! Away! Lay down! Dyma! Da iawn!  that'll do and don't eat sheep/fox/cow/bird sh*t, as I am teaching my new baby Border puppy, Maya the intricacies of being a sheep dog but when I can confidently pass her education on to my middle dog Phoebe and when I can help ease the emotional pain of my big old dog Kendo who is still mourning the lost of his very own owner, I'll be back and whether you view that as a promise or a threat depends on how well you know me.

For the moment I am reading and commenting and fooling around in the forums.

Love Chrissy(totoro)

Do no harm.

 
Posted : October 19, 2017 9:22 am
Hazy reacted
e-griff
(@e-griff)
Posts: 45
Trusted Member
 

I love ghibli and Totoro. I have a large cuddly Totoro on my sofa side table. (plus a small ponyo). And all the films on my recorders in UK and France, including 'the wind rises' which is excellent, porco rosso , and the various teenage ones (which are still good).  

My son and I visited the museum in Tokyo and it was great. Son was disappointed not to be let on the play area catbus (he's 6-4)

Ah me. I shall stop now - it's the steroids! (red cheeks talk a lot for a week or so) 

Very, very many regards to a well-remembered UKA friend. 

JohnG 

 

 
Posted : October 19, 2017 6:52 pm
Hazy reacted
stevef
(@stevef)
Posts: 746
Reputable Member
 

I remember Chrissie! You'd be around, disappear for a while and then come back with some very relevant points of view and comments as if you'd never been away. Am I right that you were interested in 16th century history?

 
Posted : October 19, 2017 7:45 pm
Hazy reacted
Hazy
 Hazy
(@hazy)
Posts: 8
Active Member
 

Waves at all. It feels like yesterday...

(Sorry to hear about the bad times) xx

 
Posted : October 19, 2017 11:16 pm
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

I adore Ghibli. One of the first DVDs I bought was 'Spirited Away' and I almost painted a big cat bus face on my monster Peugeot until the garage guy said he wouldn't service it if I did.

I think it's a combination of the stories and the artwork.

I've got a Totoro pillow on my bed but of course no one sees that. Thanks for remembering me. I certainly remember you, in a good way.

Oh just had a re-read of 'The Clam before the storm. It's in my book list on my Face Book page.

Chrissy.

 
Posted : October 20, 2017 10:43 am
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

No, not me I think, Stevef. I recognise the coming and going and the returning as though I'd never been away but the 16th century doesn't sound like me and that's not how I've ever spelled my name. But thanks for dropping in.

Maybe if I actually sub something you might recognize the style.

Chrissy

 
Posted : October 20, 2017 10:52 am
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Hazy. It sometimes does feel like yesterday and sometimes especially when I've just walked or worked the dogs I feel like it's a hundred years from now I'm so wrecked but hey, that's what I got them for, that's their day job to keep an old lady like me on my toes.

Chrissy 

 
Posted : October 20, 2017 10:57 am
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Posts: 56
Trusted Member
 

So good to see your name coming up here again. Welcome home!

 
Posted : October 21, 2017 3:46 pm
jay12 reacted
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Hey gee, when I start subbing stuff again you may regret that sentiment but on present form that might not be for a wee while. I have just this moment wrestled an extremely large, extremely flat, dead frog from the jaws of my wee Maya. Not a pleasant task even in surgical gloves. I always wear gloves when I take her out, you never know what she'll pick up.

Glad to be 'home' and I will try to get something subbed even if it is only a tooled with version of what I've had before.

See you around.

Chrissy

Do no harm.

 
Posted : October 21, 2017 4:54 pm
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Posts: 56
Trusted Member
 

I am never going to regret you subbing stuff. 
Oh, on the subject of dogs, I got a bull lurcher from rescue and he's a sweetheart but a handful. Some friends have chickens and were having problems with a fox killing them. Casper went up there, found it wasn't a fox but a polecat and killed it. I now get tons of eggs from my friends but I'm terrified he might do the same with the neighbourhood cats.

 
Posted : October 22, 2017 10:00 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Posts: 40
Eminent Member
 

Hi Chrissy, I remember you! I'm sorry to read the news that your husband passed away, but its lovely to hear from you. Good luck training the dog! All my best. 

 

Jay. x

 
Posted : October 23, 2017 12:17 pm
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Maya has already met my cat and has learned, like my other two dogs that my particular feline demands respect and gets with an open paw. Ronnie (the cat) ain't big but she's got 'attitude'.

Hope your Casper learns to behave.

My two long ago cats both took down weasels in their time. Like Ronnie they were bruisers and used to 'stalk' the sheep like lions, one on either side of the smaller packets of sheep. It was comical.

See you around.

Chrissy.

 
Posted : October 23, 2017 1:48 pm
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

jay12, much thanks for the sympathy. Wyndham passed away three years ago tomorrow just a week or so shy of his 90th.

I've had such problems with Kendo, Wyndham's  dog, and I'm not sure the dog will ever get his act together, though Maya being little and bumptious and constantly in his face has made him a bit less introverted. We shall see. The time is fast approaching when she will have to get down to the serious work of being a sheep dog. See if I'm as good as I think I am.

Glad I'm back.

Chrissy

Do no harm

 
Posted : October 23, 2017 2:01 pm
Share: