9 Users
0 Likes
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

@stevef 

Doesn't have to be, but it is. 👍 👍 👍 👍 

I had to wind this up quickly, my visitors arrive tomorrow (PCR depending) I might be tied up for a while. I'll try to keep up with the music quiz but this one requires more time. Good luck on your next one.

I doubt I'll be doing any writing and reviewing, but I'll try to grab an hour or so when I can to keep my eye in.

BTW, Steve if you have Microsoft paint it works very well for manipulating pictures and blanking out any background which might give a clue. Takes a little time but once you figure it out it's easy.

Posted : August 18, 2021 8:15 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@stevef

I should have known there was a catch.

Posted : August 18, 2021 8:31 am
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @ionicus

@stevef

I should have known there was a catch.

Only 22 though. 🙂

Try this musical subject: (any two from the three will be enough).

Posted : August 18, 2021 1:39 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@stevef

is there a clue in the caption? like will be enough = plenty?

Posted : August 19, 2021 8:45 am
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

No specific clue in the caption, more of a generalisation. Identifying any two of these three (American) singers is a win. They were rising about fifty years ago (though not performing together) and this photo seems to be from the '70s. One is a very well-respected guitarist even now.

Bel-person will probably recognise one or more.

Posted : August 19, 2021 10:24 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@stevef wild guess,  Carol King + Joan Baez?

Posted : August 19, 2021 11:58 am
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Neither of those, Luigi. Two are multi-genre and one is primarily blues.

Posted : August 19, 2021 12:06 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

One looks like Miss Slick. I leave the rest to somebody else. I'm off to the airport

Posted : August 19, 2021 1:17 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @stevef

Bel-person will probably recognise one or more.

bel-person can barely see these days and can't do face recognition from that far back, anyway!  😋 😋

It's the clues I follow that jog my foggy memory, Maestro. Like the blues and phenom guitarist accompanying herself for her own song I Can't Make You Love Me (if you don't) : Bonnie Raitt. And yeah that looks a lot like her holding a liquor bottle. But no clue on the other two, obviously a duo in dress-alike outfits. Looked up Miss Slick as suggested by G, but can't see where she was ever part of a female duo.

PS I am back. I got mail from y'all today. 🙂  

Posted : August 19, 2021 2:18 pm
amman
(@amman)
Honorable Member

Yeah, I got Bonnie Raitt and think the one in the centre might be Linda Ronstadt. No idea on the third.

Posted : August 19, 2021 2:31 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Trusted Member

@stevef   Please share how you mastered the art of posting a UWO (Unidentified Who's This).  {blue}:pray:  

Posted : August 19, 2021 2:34 pm
amman
(@amman)
Honorable Member

Okay, game set and match.  I found the pic.  The third member is Maria Muldaur, who I never heard of before

Posted : August 19, 2021 3:44 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@amman

bravo, Tony I never thought of looking on Facebook.

Posted : August 19, 2021 3:56 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

You were getting there, Bel-person!

UWO - I download the image to my computer, open it with Irfanview by right-clicking, then go to the top line menu and click Image.

The drop-down menu shows all the options. You'll see Custom below Rotate Left or Right. Click on that and you'll see Angle. Change it one way or the other by a few degrees and click OK. Save and download it to your Desktop (or wherever you keep your downloads) then upload it to this thread. Voila! 🙂

Tony - spot-on! Maria Muldaur had a hit with Midnight at the Oasis in '70-something.

Posted : August 19, 2021 5:39 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Trusted Member

@stevef Very clear instructions. Thanks so much, Steve. By the way, my terribly clever (not) play on UFO should have been UWT, of course.  Gracious of you to overlook... 😳 😳

@amman Miraculous find! I looked everywhere. Congrats Tony. 🌺 🌺 🌺

Posted : August 20, 2021 6:12 am
Page 21 / 24
Share: